Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BD Covert 32L w/ Avalung
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:59 am 

Brand new. Never used. Tags clipped off but in the bag. Avalung mouthpiece still factory wrapped. $175 OBO. It's gray.

Post subject: avalung pack
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:44 am 

:?: Hey whats up I might be interested in the pack.Do you have any pics or sights I can check it out on.thanks

Post subject: bd pack
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:08 am 

:?: Hey whats up I just got off the bd web sight so never mind the last post.A question for you is ,is 32L pack good for your day travels.Right now I'm using a dakine heli pro and it's to small to carry essential gear.I like to carry all saftey gear,food,water,emergency over night and extra insul layer.Whats your experience with that amount of gear and this pack,hows it fit ,good board carry,etc.Do you have to repac shit on every entry or is there a little room to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:18 am 

Mr. Splitta,

I never used the pack so I don't have the answer to your specific questions about efficacy. My arcteryx M30 is about the same size (about 30L) and I, too, like to bring a lot of safety out. That one is a roll-top loader and kind of a pain in the ass to get stuff out that's deep. This one is a panel loader and I think would be alot easier. It has a dedicated shovel/probe/saw pocket on the outside. As far as the suspesion goes, I never loaded it up to see the comfort.

The reason I'm selling it is that it doesn't carry a board the way I would like. Like so many other non-board specific packs, when the board is on the pack there's nothing to attach it directly to the harness, so unless your pack is stuffed to the gills it's going to sway a bit. Some people might not mind, it annoys me. There's a thread on this site somewhere about different pack, it might be under "Osprey Switch". Give it a search.

Find one near you and check it out. If you likey let me know. Peace.

Josh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:07 am 

Mr. Shredda,

In my opinion you will fit about twice the gear into a 32L pack. I have a dakine heli and dakine poacher and I just purchased a bd convert that has not yet arrived. I can get all my safety gear, water bladder, extra shell or base layer, food, split crampons, skins, medical and spare parts into the smaller pack and it fills it. I can add a ton more stuff into the larger pack, which is sized similarly to the convert 32L. I think I can fit all the smaller packs contents and then the extras for an overnight trip.

Check the dakine site and see the size of the heli, I think it is around 15L so you will find 32L spacious...

DC Torch / Lowa Structura EVO AT

Post subject: checked it out
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:30 pm 

Thanks mummbles I did check the dakine sight but of course after I wrote the above sentences.Double the space sounds good.Basterd son of Elvis Thanks for the input I'll see if I can check one out,of course if you can off it sooner by all means don't wait for me.Thanks again guys Peace out.

Post subject: I just got my BD Convert w/avalung 42L
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:44 pm 

I just got the thing yesterday in the mail, a BD Convert 42L with avalung. I immediatly packed it as if I were going on a split/overnight/mountaineering trip. I was able to get everything inside, and I mean everything. Small 4 season tent, bivy sac, rope sac, harness, prusik rigs, crampons, food, parts, emergency supplies, hydration bladder. It took it all like a champ. All of my normal day trip and overnight crap plus the extras. The only things on the outside are my ice axe and three part telescopic poles (and these would fit inside if needed).

I know it does not have a strap for carrying a solid board, but I have a set of two web straps with buckles that I will wrap around to do that job, and they are conveniently packed in the hood of the pack.

Now I have to unpack it to see how compact and flat it will be with just the day essentials and parts/emergency crap. I think I'm gonna like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:13 pm 

Mumbles...covert? I'm guessing "convert" is a recurring typo. The black diamond covert with avalung only comes in 22L and 32L. Do you have the anarchist? It is the toploader that comes in 42L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:58 pm 

BastardSon, you are a genius. I do have the anarchist, it is 42L and it is large enough to hold a ton of crap. I used it today for the first time and even secured my board on it vertically without any problems. I will add another strap to it myself to make the vertical carry a bit easier, but I like the design overall.

Sorry I was chiming in about the wrong pack, I'm a dumbass.