Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Needed: Set of plate bindings for burton interface.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:23 am 

I split my own board, mounted the voile kit and am good to go. I wanted to buy a factory made split to see what having four edges would be like, so I bought one from boarder_gone_tele. It arrived tonight and I'm really amazed at the difference in teh binding interface system. Since I have the voile plates on my home grown split I want to put a set on the burton custom split.

Anyone got a set in their garage or closet that are in good working order but available? I'm riding AT boots, so that is why I want the plate bindings. They can be three hole burton or standard four hole discs.

thanks
Mumbles

DC Torch / Lowa Structura EVO AT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:16 am 

I'd remove the Burton interface and replace it with the Voile' system. Save yourself the greef later. There are no end to the nightmare stories about the Burton system.

Post subject: Only if I can salvage all or most of the holes.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:00 pm 

I don't want to drill a bunch of holes in the board. If I can use the holes that are there, fine, otherwise I will accumulate all the burton parts left on the planet and frustrate myself...for now. I have a voile on my home split. I like the system, but I want to stubbornly see for myself I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:21 pm 

I have a brand new never used pair of Burton interface plates. They warrantied my broken pair and sent me these new ones a few years back, but by that time I converted over to the Voile interface system. Let me know if you're interested...
Lisa

Post subject: Lisa, did we determine if your interface plates will work?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:27 am 

Lisa,

Are your interface plates the entire under binding assembly? If so, tell me what you want for them and I may well be interested. Now I have one board fully outfitted with Burton and one with Voile. I want to ride both for at least this season and then determine if I want to stockpile old burton parts to keep mine operational or just convert fully to voile. I have some negative concerns with both systems and want to take my time determining which route I wish to go. Thanks and happy holidays.

Ed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:19 pm 

Hi Ed,
Yes, they are the entire assembly including the floating discs. I actually have 3 interface plates...2 brand new and 1 used but still functional. I also have 4 spare release levers (the red/black plastic thingys that open and close the plate), 5 spare "U-bracket Cover Kits" (Burton's part name...the black piece that attaches to your board where the interface attaches in pivot ski mode), 2 spare black heel lift stoppers that attach to the board, and 2 pair of crescent rings that attach to board where interface plate clamps around. I was stockpiling parts at one point. Hopefully that all makes sense. $40 for the two new interface plates or $60 for everything.
Lisa