Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: For sale - self split Burton Canyon (162cm)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:37 am 

Selling my first split - a soggy Burton Canyon for $100 OBO (bindings included). Very soft flex, makes for a surfy ride in pow and yet somehow still feels much more 'natural' than my Voile (of 'Blue Flame' vintage) in less than ideal conditions. Incidentally, the setup is about half as heavy as the aforementioned Voile board. So I guess you sacrifice stiffness for light weight - pick your poison. Sawed the not-so-virgin Canyon in half back in '03 and rode it through last season, alternating between it and my other Voile - it still has some rides left in it.

Regular stance w/ front foot at about 25 degrees and rear at 0. Stance width - not too narrow, not stupid wide. Pretty much follows 'centered' hole pattern/stance for this directional board (sorry, that's the best I got right now). Note that the heel bail is practically useless as I neglected to install the shim beneath the bail assembly - strong calfs required! Also. there's about an inch of edge that ripped out clean and has been repaired with epoxy. Damage is on heel side and in middle of board (not beneath the bindings where most pressure is applied). In any case, I've not had any issues with the epoxied edge.

This would make a good starter split for someone that's new to the sport and may want to 'check it out' before actually dropping a bunch of dough on a new split.

Photos:

...see it in action here:

http://www.sverdina.com/arrowhead/arrowhead.wmv

and here:

http://www.sverdina.com/cashmere/cashmere.wmv

sverdina@comcast.net

Post subject: Highest Offer?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:05 pm 

So whats the highest offer on your board? I'll give you $65.