Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nevermind
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:43 pm 

hey guys, ive got a pair of mediums in bronze i'd like to sell, i think i need larges. and im pretty sure since ive mounted them ( and tossed everything) i wont be able to return them. i may still try but i'm thinking thats not gonna happen. i'd like to not lose out too much on these since i'm going to have to pick up another pair.

Thanks,

Edit. due to quite a bit of low balling (or maybe i just had higher expectations) i think i'll just suck it up. by no means do i need to sell these, but for only having four in-bound runs on these, i cant see losing over half of what i paid for them.

Thanks anyways guys.

Post subject: Re: Medium Telsa afterburners
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:55 am 

im willing to take a hit on these, just go easy on me.....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:05 pm 

Hi petersami,
what's your boot size which you think is too big for the medium Afterburners? The official SparkR&D chart says biggest size for medium is 43EU (10.5 US) but 10.5 US is 44 EU according to other conversion charts I have. I'm just curious what the real life is. I have size 44.5 EU (11 US) and wondering if I should go medium or large... :scratch:

Thanx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:41 pm 

ill give you the whole story, im actually thinking maybe i shouldn't sell them... My normal street size is a size 10, and ive always got burton driver x's in a size 10. the last few seasons though ive had some pretty crazy foot pain and havent really been able to ride more than an hour (resort/splitting) its been really bad. so like i have the last few seasons, i sent back my boots (backcountry.com is awesome for this) and got this seasons driver x in a 10. initially the foot pain wasnt too bad, but after about 30 minutes my feet started to fall asleep. i figured screw it. i would try to bump up to 10.5.

So currently using 10.5 and my feet couldn't be happier. i do have just a bit of heel slippage, but i put the boots through their paces yesterday (my first day out) and i'm completely happy. as for the binding they do fit. but i'm on the last hole on the upper buckle (and just worried i would be screwed if they broke/ it would be nicer to have some more play)

This is where the dilemma comes in.. i found a guy on ebay selling some tesla bindings and he has a 10.5 (i think drivers as well) boots and the large magnetos and he says hes getting rid of them because.... drum roll please...... the binding is too big...

i think the 10/10.5 size boots might just be a grey area. everything does fit fine, but could fit "nicer". now my other concern is will be i swimming around when my 10.5 breaks in.... i wasnt able to break in my 10's for the last few seasons because frankly my feet just killed me and i didnt want to ride.

and i really wanted the red ones damn it!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:53 pm 

Just a heads up Mammoth mountaineering had em for 20% off this week.