Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: As new cambered Prior Women's Khyber 156cm $250
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:00 pm 

Up for grabs is a 156cm Prior Women's Khyber circa 2007. Although the board is 7 years old it's been used no more than 5 times and honestly presents as nearly new. As far as sizing goes, my ex (who is moving to the east coast) is 5'7" and 130lbs. She loved the board and found it to "unsinkable" in powder and plenty easy to manage. She'd never owned a powder oriented board before and found this one to be a revelation.

A cambered men's Khbyer was my first splitboard and after 8 seasons of heavy use it's still my go to board for backcountry storm riding or mini-golf days. I've found the Khyber to be an immensely fun directional powder board that slashes trees and drops cliffs with aplomb. The big nose and taper absolutely crushes powder and performs admirably in corn conditions, mank, breakable crusts, and most variably conditions. It also performs reasonably well on hardpack so long as you keep it tuned but honestly when I'm expecting to encounter firm and steep conditions I grab a different board.

Included for $250+ shipping is the splitboard, the universal splitboard interface kit, and voile sliders bolted to a pair women's Ride bindings. If the binding model is important to you I'll figure it out but honestly you should just buy some split specific bindings as the weight savings and performance increase is game changing.

This is, quite frankly, a ridiculously good deal for a very nice factory splitboard handcrafted in Whistler. I lucked into this package for an insanely good price (and gave it to my ex girlfriend to use) and that is why I can sell it for the same. I'm not looking to make any money here just stoke out a fellow splitter.

To give a sense of value, Prior still offers the cambered Khyber for $899 and the materials are, to best of my knowledge, unchanged. A universal splitboard interface will set you back around $160. A pair of halfway decent bindings costs at least $100. All told it's around $1260+ tax and shipping to buy this new.

I'll be posting pictures after I return from Shasta this weekend but wanted to get this up before I head out of town.

Post subject: Re: As new cambered Prior Women's Khyber 156cm $250
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:02 pm 

Sale is pending. I will remove the post once I no longer have the board.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:49 am 

Hi,

Is this board set up still for sale? I am very interested and would love to purchase it.

Thanks, Sophie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:17 am 

Sorry Sophie, board sold a while back and I didn't follow through and actually remove the post. Good luck finding a split!