Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: VT NY NH ME PQ 08/09
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:41 pm 

well the rain has finally switched over to snow. looks like some nice dust on crust for the weekend. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:23 am 

twostowe wrote:
Hoping to tour a bit this weekend if conditions allow. Monday off....

nope.

mergs wrote:
this is not the weekend for it.

yep.

fri feb 13

full lockdown on the snowpack overnight w/ single digits & stiff winds this morning. about 3-4" on mansfield this am after the switchover to snow yesterday afternoon. significant loss of snow w/ almost 36 hours of rain and warm winds, probably 12"+ lost especially at lower elevations. trail counts are down this morning at many resorts.

basically everything in the bc is on hold. bring your solid boards for groomers this w/e. sorry for all who had plans to tour.

looking for more snow.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:12 pm 

bad news indeed, but thanks for the update. much appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:43 pm 

well aren't you quite the ray of sunshine. I only like sunshine if its 10 outside and it snowed like crazy the night before.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:45 pm 

it is what it is

hockey skates and ice tools for me this weekend

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:41 pm 

mysticfalcon wrote:
well aren't you quite the ray of sunshine

sorry bro, i thought this was a conditions thread...

anyway, just telling you how it is... i don't work in the resorts marketing department.
mergs wrote:

your welcome.

keep it real.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:02 am 

vtbackcountry wrote:
mysticfalcon wrote:
well aren't you quite the ray of sunshine

sorry bro, i thought this was a conditions thread...

anyway, just telling you how it is... i don't work in the resorts marketing department.
mergs wrote:

your welcome.

keep it real.

thanks vt. that is what the thread is for, and one reason why i love this site: where else can you get local and discrete vt beta? this sort of info really helps the part-time bc riders that aren't lucky enough to live by you guys.

i'm back in nj after 3 days in stowe. i normally would avoid pres. weekend but that's just the way my timeshare ended up this year. what a zoo! lol! i actually took a day off on Sunday and went house hunting with my wife over in underhill on sunday.

on sat and mon, i hit a few of my usual "side country" runs. some were ok and quite ridable (e.g. trees that tended to collect the windblown from the last storm), others were super sketchy (e.g. stream beds; in fact, i wrenched my back a little getting caught up in one stream bed that is fairly well known and ridden, worst shape I've seen it, just lousy shape). be really careful back there guys. but you all know that ;)

so bottom line, we really need SNOW... how's the wed/thu storm looking?

p.s. Shep, nice meeting you up in the patrol shack! 8) small world!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:42 pm 

vtbackcountry wrote:
i don't work in the resorts marketing department.

:D
I dunno if this is supposed to refer to me or not, but if it is, fair swipe! :thumpsup: If I ever lead anyone astray, let it be known that its because I'm an optimist by nature, not cause I'm trying to sell anybody a bill of goods.

I also have failed miserably, MISERABLY, at actually getting into the BC. crossing my fingers that will change over the next week with a friend of mine bringing his AT setup to town this weekend. If anybody wants to go on a tour on Saturday (maybe) or Monday (probably) shoot me a PM.

Thanks,
Shep

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:30 pm 

Shep wrote:
vtbackcountry wrote:
i don't work in the resorts marketing department.

:D
I dunno if this is supposed to refer to me or not, but if it is, fair swipe! :thumpsup: If I ever lead anyone astray, let it be known that its because I'm an optimist by nature, not cause I'm trying to sell anybody a bill of goods.

I also have failed miserably, MISERABLY, at actually getting into the BC. crossing my fingers that will change over the next week with a friend of mine bringing his AT setup to town this weekend. If anybody wants to go on a tour on Saturday (maybe) or Monday (probably) shoot me a PM.

Thanks,
Shep

Nope, it's not like that at all Shep, and def not directed at you or anyone else... and I don't mean to come across that way either, really.

But as mergs said, I'm honestly trying to give an accurate picture of the TRUE conditions here in the BC day by day so others can make informed decisions on where to score and when. thats it. as most of you know, conditions here change in a heartbeat and that can be good or bad.

from the number of views alone from the first 06-07 N. VT conditions thread, it shows that people ARE watching and hopefully appreciate the beta.

shep - sorry to hear you've missed some great BC days... LETS CHANGE THAT when we get more snow. this w/e and monday especially work if snow conditions improve w/ tomorrow's storm. pm me or i'll see you on mansfield over the next few days --

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:39 pm 

Silly video complete with soundtrack from my last tour. i love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nemQ9HMryio

thinking Mt. Washington area (GOS) day trip this weekend but will probably be remodeling kitchen.

-will

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:02 am 

willyo617 wrote:
Silly video complete with soundtrack from my last tour. i love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nemQ9HMryio

thinking Mt. Washington area (GOS) day trip this weekend but will probably be remodeling kitchen.

-will

ah the thunderbolt... i did that tour 2 years ago... good time. conditions were pretty good. 8)

i'm headed out west for a week (targhee, etc) so i won't be back up at stowe until march, but keep the beta coming guys... this is my favorite thread on sb.com!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:28 am 

fri feb 20 as of 11 am

another few inches overnight at elevation w/ colder temps now filtering in, total new snow since wed night is 8-10" in general. during strongest intensity, higher density snow (up to 13-14% density) fell and has slowly lightened over the past 12 hrs down to 5% with colder air temps. hopefully that is sucking some moisture out of the top few inches, yesterday was pretty sticky at lower elevations. still, good bonding yesterday to old snow surface. snow showers to continue and pickup a bit this afternoon, another 2-4" poss along highest ridgetops. another poss system on track for sunday. looks like we're back in the game.

central and northern nh made out best w/ thursdays storm w/ 15"+ reported at hermit lake this am w/ high avy conditions and still snowing. stronger NW winds have picked up overnight with crossloading on many aspects, lots of snow avail for transport. things should mellow after a couple days but sunday could reload sensitive areas and gullies once again. upcoming early to mid-week could be epic in the whites, stay tuned.

enjoy.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:23 am 

hmmm... where to sunday?

was planning on whites prior to this storm -- avy danger will definitely still be high for tux or gos by sunday i'd imagine ...

jay is claiming 18"

you headed anywhere in particular doug?

-will

vtbackcountry wrote:
fri feb 20 as of 11 am

another few inches overnight at elevation w/ colder temps now filtering in, total new snow since wed night is 8-10" in general. during strongest intensity, higher density snow (up to 13-14% density) fell and has slowly lightened over the past 12 hrs down to 5% with colder air temps. hopefully that is sucking some moisture out of the top few inches, yesterday was pretty sticky at lower elevations. still, good bonding yesterday to old snow surface. snow showers to continue and pickup a bit this afternoon, another 2-4" poss along highest ridgetops. another poss system on track for sunday. looks like we're back in the game.

central and northern nh made out best w/ thursdays storm w/ 15"+ reported at hermit lake this am w/ high avy conditions and still snowing. stronger NW winds have picked up overnight with crossloading on many aspects, lots of snow avail for transport. things should mellow after a couple days but sunday could reload sensitive areas and gullies once again. upcoming early to mid-week could be epic in the whites, stay tuned.

enjoy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next