Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: splitboard.com T-Shirts
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:54 pm 

Ok folks,

After totally dropping the ball on the first go-around (I put all the blame on the epic snow year we had)…I'm ready to print up some splitboard.com T-shirts for us. :)

I stopped by my local screen printing shop today and got all the info we need. Now we just need to agree on our first screen.

There were a lot of great suggestions and examples in this threadbut for our first T-shirt I want to keep it very simple.

For now I'd like to just do a basic two-color font logo on one side of the shirt or hoody.

So….here is what I would like some input on.

Font
Ink Color
Shirt Color
Logo Placement
Size

I was thinking just a simple “splitboard.comâ€Â

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:56 am 

Personally I'd like to see a simple black tee with nothing on the back, and the current splitboard.com logo over the left breast on the front:

Maybe minus the "your splitboard resource on the web" text. I think it would look good in the current colors, and actually the size is pretty much right too. Is that too complicated for the screen? I'd be willing to pay more for this vs. just plain text.

Oh, maybe instead of the plain back we could have this:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:48 am 

I like JimW's idea. I'd take the logo on the back or left breast. My advice would be to keep this really simple, meaning one color shirt, same logo placement and design on all, with three size options. At least on the first run. If I remember right from my roadie days, the more colors, options, etc. the more $$$ and headache.

Quote:
I put all the blame on the epic snow year we had

Your excused!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:54 am 

I agree with simple and like the left breast(actually I like them both :D ) for placement of logo. And we have snow covering the mountains this morning so I could use a new hoody.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:24 am 

Oh yeah, I put in a request for stickers as well. It would be the only sticker on my truck and it would wear it proudly (along with all the dirt :shock: )! I also think it would provide some good pub for the site--all over the country.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:47 am 

K.I.S.S.

I'd prefer a non-black shirt although the hot pink would be tite.
I already have to many black concert shirts....

STICKERS.STICKERS.STICKERS

those are advertisment, especially after I get my hands on a hundred pack :D

back, left breast, like the board graphic as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:33 am 

Logo ACROSS the chest! You cant read it when its small on the "left breast". Shirts with logos small on the left are bussiness shirts...my works polo shirts are like that. SO LAME! We snowboard, not work at STAPLES.

We want people to READ not squint!

Ive designed and help make MANY shirts in my day, and from a design standpoint left breast is a no no.

LAME LAME LAME!!!

BLACK< RED< GREY are good options for shirts.

ALL my opinion. Ill still buy one if its on the left breast, but i wont like it, and when i wear it out people will ask upon squinting at the shirt "Where do you work?" or "Did you just get off work?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:52 am 

affix snow wrote:
Logo ACROSS the chest! You cant read it when its small on the "left breast".

We want people to READ not squint!

Ive designed and help make MANY shirts in my day, and from a design standpoint left breast is a no no.

LAME LAME LAME!!!

ALL my opinion.

um...no offense but aren't you the guy that breaks beer bottles on his head too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:02 am 

The challenge with using this logo is that to use it for a screen print…we have to redesign it from scratch. This would not be keeping it simple in my opinion whereas using basic text is. I will go ahead and ask the graphic designer at the screen printer for an estimate though.

Is the consensus left chest pocket? No center chest votes out there? (edit…affix's vote is in…I agree with your comments!)

Sizes…why three? Does anyone wear a medium? (if so we could still make a few)

Changing shirt colors doesn't add much cost but changing ink color does…lets just do one color (or one color combination…not two like I suggested initially)

Stickers? Let me tackle the shirts first man!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:09 am 

I can definitely understand why the website logo would be pricey and difficult. Simple text would work just as well. The center of the chest sounds good to me, with either a black, gray or white tee color. Hot pink? You betcha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:10 am 

No pockets. Color, design, I am pretty cool with whatever the consensus is. As long as there is XL. I would actually prefer longsleeve shirts. I tend to wear them more in the winter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:21 am 

I was j/k above the middle of the chest is cool but I DON'T want is huge on the front either. Maybe splitboard.com about 6 inches w/ the letters outlined a different color?
I wear a large, um, is it just me or all the new larges a lot smaller now in the styling.
New t-shirts seem like super tight is the style...yick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:22 am 

Mtnrider...i break beer bottles in hotels not on my head....i need that for thinking and stuff.

ANYWAY. Just the splitboard.com font on the header logo is nice and easy. You could do that across the CHEST. 2 colors wont be that bad either, but WHITE is the most recognizable on dark color shirts. White shirts suck cause they ruin easy. I vote out white. I think Black, Red, Blue for colors.

Id prefer a Medium size. You can do small runs of Med-XL for pretty cheap depending.

BCRider... i can do a new simple logo if you like.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next