Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hardboot setups even softbooters will love
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:24 pm 

your picture say s all - a long over hang - of the shoe nose - this is a smal rotations angel in climbing up moudus - only danafit ore longer sildertracks can help you.

Burton

Post subject: Re: Hardboot setups even softbooters will love
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:49 pm 

The dynafit toe piece offers the most natural and effortless stride I've experienced on any split setup. Period. Iv'e tried them all too: Voile/Spark/Karakoram.

I only jumped on the hard boot bandwagon towards the end of last season, but I was very impressed. The lateral flex was plenty adequate with my bombers (and with their new one referenced above, it'll be even better)

The side hill capability of the dynafit plus hard boots also blows anything soft out of the water. When needed I cranked down the straps and felt invincible. No more ankle roll. On normal sections, I loosened the straps for the climb.

I don't yet have the dynafit heel pieces installed on the board, but it is on my list of things to do. For longer trips through rolling terrain, the ability to ski is paramount. Anyone who's ever faced a long slog exit (say the Asulkan drainage at Roger's Pass) with skiers in your group has noticed they're much quicker on to the car.

I don't think I'll ever give up soft boots completely, but it's nice to have a choice.