Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kalifornia Split Party 4/16-4/17 Who's IN????
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:21 pm 

^OMG dude..Shralph woulda been forced to do the Crane Technique on you for that little oversight! Nice recovery!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:34 pm 

ok, I know I'm hyping the snow, but this guy is a pretty good forecaster on the eastside, and his forecast looks promising :drool:

http://www.discovermammoth.com/mammoth_lakes_weather.htm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:59 am 

It would be nice if the LOGO could include the words- "eastside" or Range of Light. John Muir quotes are good also

Im really liking one of bens entries

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:31 am 

Got school Sat. and Mon., so Sunday is a possibility. Also thinking Thurs.-Fri. might be an option if there are gonna be some early birds down there. I'm flat broke, so if anyone is cruising down from teh Tahoe area those days I'd be stoked to ride together.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:52 pm 

jbaysurfer wrote:
As of right now there is an OFFICIAL LOGO CONTEST for the party. The winner will get to see his/her artwork immortalized on a brand new pair of Sparks Bindings!

The only catch is...we must get an adobe illustrator file to Will by monday morning. So work fast!!!

Truthfully this is such short notice that old designs will be considered as well, just get 'em to us ASAP. (my screename) at gmail

Edit: Since we didn't have an "official" name, we'll let the designer pick that too. Just keep the "K" in Kalifornia out of respect for the parties' founding father (tex).

We all know that's just because TEX can't spell. :)

But speaking of TEX, I was thinking maybe the logo should immortalize him since he organized the first couple. I'm no graphic artist, but here are a few pics of TEX that maybe someone could start with and hack into the basis for a suitable logo. :)

As a reminder, here's the form factor we're talking about:

Oh, a few other things:

- Ray I've been working on Fassy, I'm sure he'd love to come but he's got some other commitments that weekend. Last I heard he was gonna see if he could possibly swing a day.

- Regarding the cleanup, I may be imagining things but I thought last time we either paid for or talked about paying for having the housekeeping clean up on Sunday so we didn't have to do that. I take it that's not happening this year?

- It's true we've been getting some nice late season dumpage. I think though it's only brought us up to CA average levels hasn't it? Of course, after the past couple years, average seems pretty huge! I woudn't complain about a powder dump, but at this point I'm ready for corn. Show the out of towners what CA is really famous for! (Then again, maybe I'm just bitter about not scoring as epicful pow as I would have liked earlier this week... :))

Post subject: Snow in forcast for ka split party
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:07 am 

So stoked for next weekend!! Hopefully it stays cool all week! 14" predicted today/tomorrow and sun predicted for next weekend. New to these forums, but looking forward to meeting everyone and shreddn! Thank you for the invite,
Ben

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:48 am 

The dweeb has this to say:

Quote:
A BUMP UP IN THE SNOWFALL EARLY NEXT WEEK. BY THE LOOKS OF THE NEW HPC DATA, MAMMOTH APPEARS TO BE ONCE AGAIN IN THE BULLSEYE FOR MAX PRECIP FROM THIS 24 TO 30 HOUR EVENT. 2 FEET TO TWO-1/2 FEET SEEMS REASONABLE FOR THE UPPER ELEVATIONS BY TUESDAY AM. ANOTHER SHORT WAVE IS SHAPING UP FOR LATE WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:36 pm 

We are all so super stoked right now.......... :headbang: :rock: :clap: :bananas: ....I had to tell my wife that there are secret plans deep in the mtns..and it us up to all of us splitboarders to go and get them so we can save humanity...I told her just one more trip..I think she bought it.. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:21 pm 

Yea bowlrider you always seem to figure a way to get out nice work! Were gonna be gettin some west shore pow tommarow and I predict the cali split festival will be powder conditions we'll leave wed night and tour thursday I think Alex is taggin along too for thursday. anybody else for thursday?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:40 pm 

Here's some good road & parking info from Eric O at ttips:

http://www.telemarktalk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=68185

Yay for snow!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:01 pm 

aksltxlt wrote:
Yea bowlrider you always seem to figure a way to get out nice work! Were gonna be gettin some west shore pow tommarow and I predict the cali split festival will be powder conditions we'll leave wed night and tour thursday I think Alex is taggin along too for thursday. anybody else for thursday?

Pretty sure I'm in for Thurs, can't make the party so I wanna hook up with any early birds. Looks like good chance of scoring some nice lines in pow - storm coming in warm and hopefully not followed by a big warm up. Coming from Tahoe if anyone wants to hook up.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:24 pm 

aksltxlt wrote:

Yep....its just how I roll..I get my chores done though..then Iam gone...the only problem is going back.. :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:43 pm 

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic

gotta love that forecast!!! Totally stoked to be going on this trip and riding some killer lines. Looking forward to meeting a few new riders out there too. Damn this is going to be a looooong week at work... See you guys out there...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next