Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kalifornia Split Party 4/16-4/17 Who's IN????
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:41 pm 

well said tex and jbay.

to add some input to the camping and parking situation...i KNOW there is trailhead parking that is right behind the property at convict. im planning to park down there to free up some space and would like to suggest some other folks follow suit.

this may also be a good spot for the dirtbags in campers to post up for the night :D

camping at the lake, well you may get away with it but then maybe not. i wouldnt count on it.

lastly tex - thanks for offering - if you really wanna do something you know what you can do for us?
:bananas: :disco: just show up and have a good time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :disco: :bananas:

good news about the house!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:50 pm 

jbay- i totally understood your post and thx for more info Tex.

I wouldn't want to be organizing this thing or be a paying participant, then have 20-30 more people show up and want to "hang out", even if they are not mooching food or raflles.

We will be very sensitive to the situation.

We'll probably be camping down by the Owen River Gorge at the climbers camp or up the hill in the pinyon's (Tex and Dave kinda know where that is. :wink: :lol: ) or maybe closer to Lee Vining.

Is that FS campground next to Tom's place closed/locked?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:30 pm 

Quote:
Is that FS campground next to Tom's place closed/locked?

I would call the ranger district on that one PJ. I do know they try to keep one campground open there year-round, but with the budget the FS has I dont think they even plow. But......if its warm enough it may be melted out by then and you may get lucky. However I think the best camping spot would be on Whitmore road like our first night before Esha. especially if there are 5-6 or 8-10 camping rigs. Then you could have your own compound out there

Quote:
Tex and Dave kinda know where that is. )

Now thats some funny shit right there

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:28 pm 

Quote:
What you said is in no way what I said. Sorry if I was unclear. Touring is obviously free, and I shouldn't have put it in the above post (cut me some slack eh?)

It's cool man - I just wanted to make sure there was a dirtbag option because well... some of my friends are dirtbags. (Yes you PJ. :P ) But I shouldn't of used this one :scratch: because it never goes over well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:49 pm 

Tks PJ for understanding. I've spent almost as many nights in the back of my tacoma as I have in my own bed, so I not only support dirtbags, I consider myself to be one. There's only a couple people planning on doing this btw, and I personally think if a couple "other" vehicles park in mine and Dave's spots nobody is likely to even notice ;-)

Regarding people just "hanging out" , I'm totally down with that as long as they don't eat my Creme Brulee :-) and in fact I like the social nature of this crew...nothing but good people. I'll check out the Toms Place campground for ya this weekend if at all possible, but please do plan on hanging out!

Storn, sorry if my earlier post caused any confusion...and upon rereading it, I understand how it could. +vibes to you sir! In retrospect...I think you're right about the :scratch: ...and I confess I was feeling a little overwhelmed this AM.

Administrative stuff:
The house sleeps 34, but that's with every sleeping spot taken up, and 10 of the beds are doubles+. That means a couple of you may end up sharing a bed, sleeping on a couch, or sleeping on the floor (which I'll volunteer to do right off). There shouldn't be too many impacted by this since we're capping it at 30 and do have 1 or 2 couples attending. Try to leave a couple of the Doubles open for them.

The layout can be seen here.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:51 am 

Quote:
The house sleeps 34, but that's with every sleeping spot taken up, and 10 of the beds are doubles+. That means a couple of you may end up sharing a bed, sleeping on a couch, or sleeping on the floor (which I'll volunteer to do right off). There shouldn't be too many impacted by this since we're capping it at 30 and do have 1 or 2 couples attending. Try to leave a couple of the Doubles open for them.

Last year everything worked out good on this end. I dont think it will be an issue but we can start a spoon list if you want

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:58 am 

For any of you who have the time and would like to make a little extra money: Myself and two partners + gear need a ride from the Bay Area to Bishop the evening of the 14th, taxi service around Bishop the day of the 15th, and support near Independence into that evening until 1-2am the following morning (early on the 16th, when we depart from Symmes Creek / Shepherd Pass Trailhead). You'd be free at this point to drive back to Convict Lakes, a mere 1 hour and 45 minutes away.
For this we'll happily pay you $160 + all your gas from the Bay and back. Plus we're not so miserable to hang out with.
We don't need a pick-up, we're skiing through to Pear Lake to meet friends.
Thanks in advance ! Message me off-group if interested. stevebrezovec (at) gmail (dot) com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:34 am 

I notice I didnt see the name

FASSNOR

on the list

Who's going to kidnap him and force him to come down?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:57 am 

'RULER OF THE BROWN DRAGON'

:lol:

for those of you who don't know TEX, he takes bbq and coffee VERY seriously. let's see if joe slow skin can post a pic of the man preparing to brew up...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:30 pm 

TEX wrote:
Quote:

Last year everything worked out good on this end. I dont think it will be an issue but we can start a spoon list if you want

yeah I guess you're right. I'll pass on the spoon list, I prefer my thermarest and sleeping bag :-)

18"+ projected for this coming weekend, and the tax day storm is back on the radar! Bring your powder boards! (but bring your crampons and ice axes too, this IS the Sierra in the springtime and you never know!)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:49 pm 

Although its not very practical, i can offer 1 or 2 camping spots in my driveway in Mammoth.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:46 pm 

neipie wrote:
Although its not very practical, i can offer 1 or 2 camping spots in my driveway in Mammoth.

Dude, regardless of whether anyone takes you up on this it's super cool of you to offer!

You gonna come meet the group?

I'm in Mammoth all the time in the winter, never hurts to meet the locals!

As of right now there is an OFFICIAL LOGO CONTEST for the party. The winner will get to see his/her artwork immortalized on a brand new pair of Sparks Bindings!

The only catch is...we must get an adobe illustrator file to Will by monday morning. So work fast!!!

Truthfully this is such short notice that old designs will be considered as well, just get 'em to us ASAP. (my screename) at gmail

Edit: Since we didn't have an "official" name, we'll let the designer pick that too. Just keep the "K" in Kalifornia out of respect for the parties' founding father (tex).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:47 pm 

oh no! i almost forgot the creme brulee. i will make sure it is on the menu for sat!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next