Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kalifornia Split Party 4/16-4/17 Who's IN????
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:44 am 

this sounds like a really sweet gathering! good work, guys; i know the kind of headaches that go into making something like this a reality.

i'd love to join y'all. count me in on the "car camping" list....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:02 am 

Ben, you've probably never heard of 'em ,but back in my day at UCSB we followed a band called billy sunshine, and this was there sticker:

Look forward to seeing ya there!

I've made several changes to the Original Post on this thread, including list maintenance, how many slots are left, details and SPONSORS!!!!

Please check it regularly between now and the party so you don't miss anything!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:23 pm 

Well we are waiting, and very excited. :bananas: :bananas: :bananas: :bananas: :bananas: :bananas:

So, who s bringing an instrument?.. Jam on the deck at some point, :rock:
I would have to expect.

Pray for snow.... :doobie:

Deep snow and surfin the blue blue, I dream.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:09 am 

182 Surf de neige wrote:
Well we are waiting, and very excited. :bananas: :bananas: :bananas: :bananas: :bananas: :bananas:

So, who s bringing an instrument?.. Jam on the deck at some point, :rock:
I would have to expect.

Pray for snow.... :doobie:

Jimw will be bringing his gitfiddle I'd wager, and as far as praying for snow? How's 1.5' of the fluffy stuff tue-wed and possible more for the next almost week? Things looking good right now. Ideally it'll just dump until then or maybe give us a couple warm days/cool nights to set up amazing corn on the west/southfacing stuff while leaving protected powder on the N/E stuff!

We're probably gonna have to be really vigilant with stability assesments though. 150mph gusts at the sierra crest and low snowlevels= lots of windloading on the lee slopes, and the sudden change from spring to mid winter temps could present a tricky layer...but alas..I'm getting ahead of myself...snow is on the way!!! (did I mention we're already over 400" on the season??? (370ish is the average annual total!))

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:52 pm 

Wish I could go!! Kind of running low on funds...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:12 am 

Hey fullers, hope it's not too late to get this consideration factored in:
Are we still doing catering and if so, do we have enough options for non-meatatarians?

I remember last year the non-meatatarians got punked on not enough non-meat pizza and non-meat pasta running out early. I know at least krazemonkey and I would be looking for veggie diets, though I would consider fish if it's relatively "eco-friendly"

Anyways let me know if you need any help in the food planning.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:02 pm 

SchralphMacchio wrote:

I know at least krazemonkey and I would be looking for veggie diets, though I would consider fish if it's relatively "eco-friendly"

+1

And thanks for all the good work guys! :thatrocks:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:00 pm 

schwalbster wrote:
SchralphMacchio wrote:

I know at least krazemonkey and I would be looking for veggie diets, though I would consider fish if it's relatively "eco-friendly"

+1

And thanks for all the good work guys! :thatrocks:

I put out word for fullers2oh to update you guys on the food...look forward to seeing you all again!

Word has for a snowy pattern for the forseeable future, we'll see how it all materializes...how stoked would we be to ride pow in mid April!!!!

**Please check the OP for updated numbers, sponsors, details etc***

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:33 pm 

Thanks J

I also suppose now is the time we should start encouraging carpools.
Wasn't there an issue last year with how many cars we had to leave down on the other end of the driveway? Can't remember.

I'm probably driving up to South Lake Tahoe from Berkeley on Thursday night and spending the night at my ski lease before heading down to the east side Friday morning. I can take one, possibly 2 people - 3 total people plus split gear is about as much as my car can handle. Do have snow tires and cables to show the chippers.

Closer to the date we should maybe set up a Friday morning rally point for anyone who wants in on group touring that day?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:55 pm 

Update: Snowing right now, more on the way...on top of a big snow year (400+" already!)

Gear Swap: Please bring your used/extra gear for a gear swap, also bring some extra cash if you're looking for any gear..the more gear the better, and I already know that several of us have several items to bring!

Carpool: Shralph's right, please carpool! Parking last year became pretty congested the 2nd night, and we're gonna have a turnout that's just as big. Save the gas, enjoy the stoke and ride with fellow splitters. There will be many people coming from/through the Bay Area, Sactown, Tahoe/Reno and several coming from San Diego, LA areas. Also, if you are driving, please be willing to bring passengers, and be prepared to be flexible about where you park.

Payment: Please paypal me at jbaysurfer(at)gmail(dot)com with the amount you owe. 140/person for everything, 70/person for (dinner both nights) meals only. I'll have a list of who's paid/who hasn't at the party, so if you don't prepay using paypal, plan on me hitting you up once you're there. Cash is appreciated, I really don't want a bunch of personal checks to deal with (even though that's how I paid last year :oops: )

In response to your questions Schwalbster, Crazemonkey, and Shralph, Dave says there will be some veggie selections included. If you want to nag him and skip the middle man (me) pm him directly. He's taking the lead on that so I'm along for the ride.

Be sure to bring what you need for lunches, snacks, drinks, etc...since only dinners will be included. We'll try to get together some basic breakfast staples too...but it won't be anything fancy. Bring your own beer/booze too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:03 am 

1st off, wow i cant believe we are going to pull this off. should be tons of fun!

carpool: im coming up from LA, but planning on being there from thurs night through the following week sometime maybe weds or thurs. if anyone wants to ride up i will have some extra space.

heynow - sorry i have not provided an update on the food and entertainment stuff.

yes there will be veggie options. thanks much for the input, i will try to make sure there is enough for everyone, but if you dont get enough - :D ALEX :D - well sorry you are gonna have to fend for yourself on that part. hopefully i'll have a menu posted soon and we should also talk about breakfast burrito plans, as i know jbay, swanny, and myself have all thought of bringing ingreds to make them.

as for fri and sat eve:

fri eve is still open, not sure yet but maybe some slideshows? anyone interested in presenting?

sat eve have been speaking with sue about putting together an avy awareness presentation, talk, whatever you wanna call it. this i am also very excited about.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:31 am 

You guys are awesome for putting this all together. :thumpsup: Jbay - look for my paypal.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:59 pm 

Awesome work guys, really looking forward to this!

One note about payment via paypal. On the "Send Money" page, there's a tab under the amount field for "Purchase" or "Personal" - you want to mark it as "Personal", and "Payment owed". Otherwise paypal will charge the recipient - jbay - a fee on the payment.

The other thing is that paypal will charge *you* (or jbay, depending on how the transaction is set up) a fee if the paypal account is funded by a credit or debit card (there is no fee if the account is funded by a bank account or existing paypal funds). So if that's the case you may want to pay in cash, or increase the amount you're paying to account for the fee.

Here's the details on paypal's fee schedule:
https://cms.paypal.com/cgi-bin/marketin ... money_fees

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next