Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kalifornia Split Party 4/16-4/17 Who's IN????
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:15 pm 

Greg,

I'm bringing a shove and probe for the gearswap, but they can be loaners too.

EDIT: BRING YOUR GEAR FOR THE GEARSWAP!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:23 pm 

jbaysurfer wrote:
Somebody will be...I'd say just try to rally in the morning and find me I'll introduce ya to everyone and we'll try to find a tour that's suitable to you.

Just start poking your head into bedrooms til you find a free bed! Upstairs and to your left will be a good place to start.

Email me if you need anything at (myscreename) at gmail.com, it comes to my blackberry.

Works for me! Thanks man. Definitely looking forward to meeting everyone in person. :rock:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:52 pm 

Cool, sounds like I'll take inventory of what extra gear is around Friday when we roll in and go from there. I'll tell my buddy to scrounge up some cash if he can so he can get his own gear! ;)

Two days to go!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:37 pm 

leaving tonight for SLT

if anyone from SLT wants to carpool down to Convict around 5:30/6AM magnana, send me a pm or call

818 six se7en n1ne 8552

Can't remember if we have cell reception at the house? Jbay can you PM me your number? I lost it. Will try to call peeps on my drive down magnana to start setting up touring plans.

I have no idea about conditions out there ... I'd be happy to do some Plateau work! :disco:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:19 pm 

I plan to arrive at the resort at 9-9:30am'ish on Friday and hope to tour with someone who knows the area.

- Denis
four-eight-oh 388 oh-nine-nine-three

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:35 am 

Monitor is OPEN!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:33 am 

SchralphMacchio wrote:
Monitor is OPEN!

Really!?! I just checked some of the passes yesterday but forgot about Monitor. That's great! Thanks for the heads up Alex! Definitely will save us some time tonight!

See ya soon!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:10 pm 

First off, special thanks to jbaysurfer, swanny and fullers20h for putting this together! The accommodations were great and the food was AWESOME. And of course the amazing freakin' location and riding at Convict lake. The East definitely kicks (our) ass!

It was great meeting everyone and hanging out. Definitely will be back for next year- and will show up early and well rested!

Some of you guys know that Kelly couldn't find her skins this morning. Luckily, we found them at the bottom of yesterday's line. :roll: In light of this seemingly karmic event she wants to give her new skins away to someone who needs them. PM me (her) with your case and we'll ship 'em out to ya. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:33 am 

yeee haw splitparty was awesome!!! :disco:

huge props to fullers and swanny for helping out and JBAY! Keeping it all together! Also thanks to our sponsors.

That was a fun trip

The drive sucked

Especially after a tiring tour today (yes I went after all)

Swung by out Ti-Hitty Pass for some photos and found that MoMart is still closed

See you fools back on the east side, soon!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:48 am 

Yes thanks to jaybay and the the other guys for making this happen. The house was badass..everyone was really cool too. Now that Iam home Iam blessed to find out that a spring storm is bringing some pow our way again..so if all goes well Cartitty Pass will be firing again...Iam gonna shred every inch of it..with all my friends..I have so many which is great..just like back in 86'..those were the days..I really dig the eastside holmes.. :thatrocks:

Post subject: Good times...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:09 am 

Thanks again to JayBay and Swanny! Well done! I'm always sooooo grateful when others organize and manage these events... Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Big thanks to the sponsors who kicked down some nice swag... Mammoth Mountaineering, Venture, Prior, Spark, Standard Films, Voile, and I'm sure I missed some... I would have remembered better if I actually won something in the raffle.. ;)

Thanks to all who attended and made this another great Splitfest. It was great meeting some new people, seeing some old familiar faces again, and just hanging out with a good crew...

To the Karakorum brothers, can't wait to see the final product, the prototypes look sick... Especially see what they can put up with when Jim beatered down Batch Bowl at mach 2 while doing some field testing.. ;)

To the Sentinel crew, good times.. Thanks for taking my ride on the way out on Sunday. Schralp was bummed you didn't tag his Suby that was parked in front of me... I will definitely be checking out one of your decks when it's time to go shopping again...

And thanks to all who gave tips and advice to my buddy Chris as we popped his splitboarding cherry. He had a great time and will hopefully forgive me sooner than later for introducing him to this new form "fun" in all its "Types" and forms...

Photos will trickle in over the few days... Especially those of Schalp's "Hippy Beater" on Sunday... BALLS>brains... ;) Just kidding, nice line, and well played... Like Jim's on Saturday, anytime you can hit that hard and pop up with a smile, it's all good...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:20 pm 

Split party was rad and the people attending are all really cool, it was fun meeting everyone, jaybay thanks for organizing, Greenhorn hit me up lets ride n take out the mutts, Shralp we gotta get some cartitty pass this spring, to the sentury guys lets ride rose, swanny thanks for the raffle hit me up when ur in tahoe lets ride, Tex u salty dog we gotta ride too.. and everyone else pics commin soon :thatrocks:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:34 pm 

Posting for Aksltxlt
Aksltxlt airs on the way to convict at g-vill
bowlrider 5-0 in the peanut bowl
camping by the hot spings that were luke warm springs
no car troubles this trip
bowlrider begins the skin challenge at twin lakes
bowlrider shows us where the good snow is
my rig

more pics to come

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next