Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - New Voile Product Announcement Nov 23rd

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Voile Product Announcement Nov 23rd
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:06 am 

NOOBin' out here I guess hahaha... cheers folks. Got mountains to climb, I'll be back to check the rad vid on popping my heel lifters with my pole when I start struggling to touch my toes :thumpsup: .

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:54 am 

budge wrote:
I can't imagine that the highbacks, ratchets and straps could be a downgrade from the Bent Metal stuff, it would be hard to run the bar lower than that!!!

I'm surprised to read this. I've been running bent metals or gnu bindings for 8 seasons now on my non split boards and have been very happy with them.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:19 am 

I always access my risers with my pole. Just flip it over and use the handle to pop them up. Not so sure it'll be as effective with the double post, bit it will certainly work on the higher riser.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:35 am 

budge wrote:
hmmm I'll try em if someone fires out a free pair.. actually I probably wouldn't bother. Days are too valuable to potentially strap into an untested day wrecker. I'll keep watching for what all you folks have to say!
Good Luck

Dont you think Voile has has had these things tested extensively? :scratch:

I agree on the bent metal portion, not a huge fan. They feel sloppy compared to my cartels on the solid board.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:45 am 

My first few years splitting I'd bend over and flip my heel riser. It never seemed efficient to me. If I was already tired I'd usually lose my breath and have to take a few seconds to gain myself before starting off. I feel like using your pole actually lets you gain a quick breath so that you never get winded. I'm probably over thinking it and maybe its just that I'm a big fuck, but bending over sucks, especially gripped on a steep side slope in whiteout conditions over cliffs.

Somebody in a post above said that they don't feel wanting as far as two climbing bar heights go, +1 until I see 2 bar dudes flying by me.

Killclimbz wrote:
I always access my risers with my pole. Just flip it over and use the handle to pop them up. Not so sure it'll be as effective with the double post, bit it will certainly work on the higher riser.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:52 am 

Yes, I'd have to say the Light Rails have been tested thoroughly. I saw them being tested last season in the Wasatch by at least two rider's. One of which rides with a whippet in hand (if that tells you anything), and another who's lines I've personally skinned/ridden. I'm fairly confident there were others as well, among them BCRider based on his post.

For me its really a matter of who gets their inventory together the quickest, but eventually I'm sure I will add both the Light Rail and the Fuse to my quiver.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:34 am 

I haven't bent over to raise or lower my climbing bars in years. Nothing says NOOB splitter like that. ;)

Seriously though, it takes a little getting used to but it all comes down to technique. You do it the same way every single time and it will eventually become second nature. You can do it with regular approach poles or whippets, I prefer the latter and always use two of em. I'll make sure to post a quick little video on how to do it soon.

As for testing, people are tripping if they cant realize these bindings have been tested extensively.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:25 pm 

Hey bcrider, what kind of oath of secrecy did you have to take? I won't judge these things until (if) I get a chance to try them out. But as mentioned before, the Sparks have a clear advantage with crampons. I think any of us would have been stoked to have these bindings just a couple years ago. I didn't think there was much progress to be made after the initial Sparks were produced, but Will stepped it up with the Fuse, so who know what we'll see down the line. Competition, and options, are good.
And just for the record, I always reach down to flip my climbing bar - I guess I'm still a NOOB? :lol: I figure if I am going to climb a few thousand feet with 25 pounds on my back, bending down is not really much effort.
boardrider247 wrote:
budge wrote:
I can't imagine that the highbacks, ratchets and straps could be a downgrade from the Bent Metal stuff, it would be hard to run the bar lower than that!!!

I'm surprised to read this. I've been running bent metals or gnu bindings for 8 seasons now on my non split boards and have been very happy with them.

The Bent Metal straps are awful. Nuff said.
Ecobrad wrote:
So what happens when you pull the "avy rip cord" on one binding but miss the other? Too bad it's not one pull for both bindings. Boo on the rip cord idea.

Think the Fuse II will include a swiss cheese baseplate?

That's an easy fix with one cord connecting both bindings, though I'm in the camp that does not want to release at all - or at least until the point at which it would be impossible to do so anyways.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:24 pm 

182 Surf de neige wrote:
Just a thought though, a truer vision, MAybe Snowshoe Thompson would ve admired the SB so much , and would ve maybe said, " WoW!... Gotta get me one of those Voile Split Boards"

Hahaha nice we can only speculate! I'd be pissed if I were him though- what a misnomer "snowshoe" is. Haha.

Wanted to add that I found this a couple months ago I think right on this forum... posted on youtube almost a year ago:

I was surprised how simple avalanche release could be implemented. The Voile release does not appear to be much more sophisticated than that so I'm somewhat dismissive of this feature...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:13 pm 

wow, it never occurred to me to pop up the riser with my hands. That seems like so much work compared to the pole method.

it really is too bad I can't demo both the Fuse and the Light Rail. I'm way too poor to gamble with three hundred bucks. I can't wait for the reviews to start rolling in.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:38 pm 

Killclimbz wrote:

I have been running th G3 dual risers and the poles work fine. I just leave the short one up if I put up the tall one since it does not get in the way. Simplifies things.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:23 pm 

Ecobrad wrote:
Somebody in a post above said that they don't feel wanting as far as two climbing bar heights go, +1 until I see 2 bar dudes flying by me.

By far the fastest climber I know doesn't use the bars at all... I've never seem him use them even on the steepest tracks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:12 pm 

I'm gonna stop using poles then. :wink: :D

Treepilot - lets get a pair to you and you can try and break 'em. :P

Looks like a good product. Much better than the proto I remember seeing.

I do think there is an advantage in having more baseplate in contact with the board.

Best of luck Voile.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next