Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Voile Product Announcement Nov 23rd
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:15 pm 

I agree somewhat w/ Tex but please no butt kissing...I don't think Will was the first to start working on a binding either...just the first to market. I see much room for improvement too, not bashing, Will is putting in WORK! um...CAD file are dated upon creation. :thumpsup: Good luck to all though, not enough funds $$$ available to make it worthwhile.

actually, if you have any coin right now is a great time to get deals.
let me know if you are designing a new product...I'll give you a 10% discount for being a splitter. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:39 pm 

Anyone get the Backcountry mag and see the review/ad?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:50 pm 

powpow wrote:

I paged through this month's Backcountry again and didn't see anything. Seeing as how they're making the announcement on the 23rd I'm sure it won't be in this mag, but next months.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:09 pm 

samh wrote:
powpow wrote:

I paged through this month's Backcountry again and didn't see anything. Seeing as how they're making the announcement on the 23rd I'm sure it won't be in this mag, but next months.

it should be in the december issue, that comes out tomorrow. we'll see!

and just so its clear, I didn't start this thread to bash voile. i am genuinely excited to see what they have been working on. splitboarding is a sector of the industry that is in its infancy. it is also a sector that may never make it past its infancy. There is such a small percentage of the ski/snowboard market that has any interest in backcountry that it is obviously not the best thing to base an entire company on. Yes, there are niche markets in every industry, but those niches almost never become fully saturated markets. being a business owner, i have nothing but respect and patience for companies who dedicate themselves to the activity that i most passionate about. i understand that it takes a long time and a lot of perseverance to create a product that will revolutionize an industry. i also understand that in small industry (such as splitboarding) it is very easy for rumors to spread before a company is ready to release a new product. it takes a lot of time and money to get your advertising, distribution and promotional ducks in row. Also, in a small tight knit industry, it is easy for the consumer to become jaded by these rumors because they feel like they deserve to know because they are part of the core. its great that we are all anxious for a new, hopefully revolutionary product to be revealed. at the same time, we need to respect the company that is putting money into our hobby and wait for them to be ready on all fronts. Voile has done nothing but support us all, before anybody else did. To that, we all owe them nothing but patience and respect. :twocents: :twocents:

Twitter: http://twitter.com/checkyourpins
Instagram: http://instagram.com/checkyourpins
Facebook: http://facebook.com/checkyourpins

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:14 pm 

Fair enough Ray.

Tbh, just knowing they are being secretive for no good reason rubs me the wrong way. It's like they think they're giving us some gift none of us can do without and by being so secretive about it they're gonna create some huge hype. Nothing bad can come of them just coming out and saying "NEW BINDING COMING OUT LATE 2009". There's no legal reasons. No one's gonna steal their patent. It's just them doing it for profit motives. Hell, I like money so I'm not criminalizing them for it, but some of us don't like the b.s. They know the rumors are out there and yet they won't acknowledge it. That's what pisses me off. I don't want a picture. I don't want a description. I just want acknowledgment by them of what we all know.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:42 am 

A recession can be the perfect time to innovate and launch - attack while others are in protection mode, or boggled with legacy issues. New guys can be nimble. It's a small industry for sure, but it's growing and for those with direct distribution, I'm sure the returns are plenty decent.

Satirical post aside, I'm excited to see what comes out on Monday or sooner if someone gets their backcountry mag. I wish mine made it here sooner, I don't think I've gotten one since the gear issue :(

May the best binding win. Actually, let's hope the best system wins, but I don't think that's getting announced on Monday....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:52 am 

I'm going to invent the first split doobie! I will patent it, and make 10's of dollars. I just need to figure out how to get down, after cheech'ing :doobie: before the descent.

Ya vole' beeches :headbang:

-Luther Standing Bear,

http://splitrippin.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:33 pm 

BGnight wrote:
Fair enough Ray.

Tbh, just knowing they are being secretive for no good reason rubs me the wrong way. ...and by being so secretive about it they're gonna create some huge hype. .

Geezus dude, did you get this worked up when they started running ads for that new "Droid" cell phone, or any of another thousand similar "Coming Next Month" types of ads?

I kinda like the suspense but even if I didn't I wouldn't let it bug me so much. I find Voile's deal a lot less frustrating than the fact that I CAN see ads for Fuse Bindings on this site but they won't have another batch available until the end of the month.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:51 pm 

Anyone get the mag yet? The suspense is killing me. Actually, it's not, I'm just bored at work.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:26 pm 

splittilps wrote:
Geezus dude, did you get this worked up when they started running ads for that new "Droid" cell phone, or any of another thousand similar "Coming Next Month" types of ads?

I just spend far too much time on the interwebs :nononno:
This has been in the rumor mill for well over a year. That's why I'm sick of it.

Wtf is a droid cell phone?!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:22 pm 

BGnight wrote:
I just spend far too much time on the interwebs :nononno:
This has been in the rumor mill for well over a year. That's why I'm sick of it.

Ahhh, I understand that a bit better. A year is a long time. The folks over on ttips.com put up with similar stuff with tele binding product releases. I hadn't heard about Voile's thing until this week.

BGnight wrote:
Wtf is a droid cell phone?!

Television's version of the Voile' binding.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:56 pm 

BGnight wrote:

Ever stop to think that in that year they were product testing and that the reason voile didn't want want the word out was to avoid people like you? I agree it's dragging on a little long. but I can tell you that a year ago this was still on the drawing board and not an actual product. It's not like they have new bindings, interfaces, and magic skins stockpiled and are making us wait just for shits and giggles. It takes time to work out all the kinks. Would you want to buy a binding(or any product) that hadn't been tested before release?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:34 am 

wasatch surf wrote:
BGnight wrote:

Ever stop to think that in that year they were product testing and that the reason voile didn't want want the word out was to avoid people like you? I agree it's dragging on a little long. but I can tell you that a year ago this was still on the drawing board and not an actual product. It's not like they have new bindings, interfaces, and magic skins stockpiled and are making us wait just for shits and giggles. It takes time to work out all the kinks. Would you want to buy a binding(or any product) that hadn't been tested before release?

Yeah, I get all that.
I just wanted them to admit they're working on one when they come into our forum and try pushing their other products. It's just silly. Like, if a Voile rep came in here and said what you just said then I'd be completely pacified. Just say "hey there, we're working on a new binding. Should be pretty cool and light wieght, but we gotta get the kinks out and then we'll make an announcement in late November." Not too hard.

Now, if they had concerns that they might have to scrap the whole idea due to financial, technical, or patent related reasons then I could see why they'd keep it on the down low.

Wasatch, I was completely over this subject but you got me all fired up again damn you!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next