Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: New Voile Product Announcement Nov 23rd
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:53 am 

Looks like Voile is finally releasing whatever they have been working on to the public:
http://voile-usa.blogspot.com/2009/11/a ... oduct.html

They have me anxious, thats for sure. I really wonder if its product that will be available for this year or next year.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/checkyourpins
Instagram: http://instagram.com/checkyourpins
Facebook: http://facebook.com/checkyourpins

Post subject: Re: New Voile Product - Backcountry Mag
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:06 am 

Major Announcement coming! Lol, this is a huge fail. My God, at least say it's a ****ing binding.
Unless this is some revolutionary interface system, quit yanking our chain ffs.
(if it is a revolutionary interface system, then I will bow to you and kiss your feet)

Hey Voile, I have a major announcement for you!
BOOM!:

Post subject: Re: New Voile Product Announcement Nov 23rd
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:38 pm 

I hope whatever it is (binders, or otherwise) pushes the development and technology of the sport.

Can't help but speculate as to why they have what appears to be a apparel label on the announcement? :scratch:
Clothing? Boots???? WTF????

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:48 pm 

BG.. that was funny as hell! WiLL I hope you have a patent on them thar slider binders!

Maybe the Voile split turns into a helicopter to get you to the top faster! :doobie:

-Luther Standing Bear,

http://splitrippin.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:53 pm 

FOR IMMEDIATE PUBLIC RELEASE

VOILE, HQ.

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING SPLITBOARD SYSTEM.

Due to tight economic conditions, we regret to inform our valued customers that we have sold the patent and all designs relating to our splitboard interface to Alta SKI resort. Despite rumours to the contrary, Alta is not going to cancel the successful splitboard interface. However, all current users and licensees are required to send in their splitboard interfaces for a MAJOR UPGRADE which will result in improved down hill performance by allowing users to descend perpendicular to the fall line, rather the parallel to it.

har, har, har....

I'm with BGnight - I hope it's revolutionary! Anything less will be anti-climatic...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:51 am 

They improved the slider pin.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:54 pm 

treepilot wrote:
FOR IMMEDIATE PUBLIC RELEASE

VOILE, HQ.

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING SPLITBOARD SYSTEM.

Due to tight economic conditions, we regret to inform our valued customers that we have sold the patent and all designs relating to our splitboard interface to Alta SKI resort. Despite rumours to the contrary, Alta is not going to cancel the successful splitboard interface. However, all current users and licensees are required to send in their splitboard interfaces for a MAJOR UPGRADE which will result in improved down hill performance by allowing users to descend perpendicular to the fall line, rather the parallel to it.

har, har, har....

I'm with BGnight - I hope it's revolutionary! Anything less will be anti-climatic...

:lol: :clap:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:17 pm 

Supposed to be somhting in Backcountry...

Anyone get theres yet?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:37 pm 

I have my copy of <i>Backcountry</i>. I don't remember any amazing new thing from Voile in there though. I'll take a closer look when I'm at home tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:34 pm 

I just got my Backcountry, but it was the November issue, not the December issue. WTF?

www.splitboardoregon.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:35 pm 

Maybe its short term memory loss for everyone else , but I remeber what it was like about 3-4 years ago. 2-3 board makers, Will just getting started and everything was "rough" . Flash forward a couple of seasons and we got what 6 board makers and 2 companies who will even step into the split binding world

Why all the Voile bashing?

Did any other company put up capital and back a guy from Michigan with a funky Idea at best? a couple of guys in the wasatch mocking BC skiers to get where they wanted to ride with such newbie vision they forgot to use poles the first season , they talk to a guy named "Wally" ( stop here and ask yourself .Whos Wally? Ifyou know read on, if not think of the vision of Craig kelly and the wallet of a BC donald trump and do your homework)

these 2 people ( Cowboy and Wally) brought you farther in splitboarding than any of the stars yet you start bashing them because they didnt release a new binding?

Man...remind me never to get into this bussiness

Hey , Wally- Thanks . Thanks for the first freeride.
Cowboy- Thanks for the vision

Will- thanks for the binding

all the others (Board Makers)
Thanks for following the LEADERS

Oh one more thing- return policy

I cant think of any other company in my world, and I mean EVERYTHING I have ever bought can match Voile's customer service
Your board delams- they mail you a brand new one , with one question asked

"Can you mail us your old board back?"

Thats after they send you a replacement on good faith

And finally, I took a little adventure awhile ago and opened my own company. Didnt make money but it made me realize what it takes to sell a product or own a company

Lots of Risk, Capital investment, research , wringing your hands hoping you can feed your family , finding insurance , looking for loans...the list goes on and on.

Be thankful of the Voile's and the mountain Hardwares and the Black Diamonds because behind every one of those labels there are people just like Will struggling day to day to pay employees, produce products , go home safe at night ect

Peace in the Backcountry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:40 pm 

While we're at why don't we kiss Ford, Chevy, and Toyota's ass since we all like to drive.
W/e man, I'm the paying customer. They're making $$$ off ME. If they didn't do the splitboard thing someone would have been right no their heels. Good businessmen don't annoy their customer base. I don't hate Voile (I've given them thousands of dollars), but this whole BINDING thing fucking annoys me and makes me not want to give them $$$. Maybe it's just me. But that's $300 out of their pocket. I'm sure a lot of the companies you speak of have really nice people working for them. That has no bearing on why we are bashing on them though.
I don't get why we have to be all touchy feely just because this is a snowboarding business and is ran by people someone happens to know personally. It's a profit driven business period. When it comes to taking money from people's pockets you should expect scrutiny.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:00 pm 

I wouldnt kiss the automaker asses , or yours or voile's . But the difference ( I think)is Customer Base.
I would like to see some numbers but I cant see how the splitboard bussiness is that profitable. And thats why I dont get the bashing.
We are in the middle of the nations worst economic downturn sense the depression and we are fortunate we can still enjoy the ride and Im pretty shocked that some of our major players havent closed up shop. It really suprising that anyone would have the balls to come out with any new products
Im glad there are compaines like Voile that make B/C telemark and split products only -It tells me their interest is in what they believe in

And I like that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next