Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ever ride a Titan?...or basic pontifications on splits!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:32 am 

Thinking about having one of next year's NS Titan's made into a split by the Blaho Bros, but have never ridden one. Looking for some opinions.

If it helps....5'9", 150 lbs, like to ride Berthoud pass....love my current T5 168 split in pow, but struggle to turn it on the hard pack and in tight trees.

Suggestions on other Never Summer boards, or even boards outside the brand are appreciated.

Sorry, Bentley, just looking for some thoughts. That being said, You know that I'll still buy my new stick from you guys. Gotta support the local talent! Not selling the T-5, but rather looking to add an arrow to the quiver. (unless of course someone makes me an offer I can't refuse)

By-the-way....closing weekend at the Jane....huge party in C-Lot!! Always a good time!

SL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:02 am 

If you like the T5....get a smaller one! I have a 165 T5 splti and i can throw it around in real tight stuff....then again i ride the east coast and you pretty much have to learn :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:59 am 

Gino,

I definitely believe with so much dang powder in Colorado that a slightly softer board will probably work for you. I've had no problems with my Voile besides for the fact that it is now officially trashed from all the abuse I've put on it. I'm going ot be seriously looking at a NS for next year myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:07 am 

which one are you thinking about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:38 am 

Maybe the Premier as it's listed as a little softer than the other models. I would like one a little longer than 161 though. The other option for me would be to go fat with the Legacy. In that case I would look at the 163. Then again splitboard ski's are wide enough without using a wide board. I haven't really decided yet, but NS just makes damn fine boards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:43 am 

totally agree...

one thing I have been hearing from the forums is that a bigger radius and more of a taper on the tail may make for an ideal B/C board. Even heard someone suggest a 14 radius sidecut, but no split boards even come close to that. I'm sure Bentley would be happy to slice it up, but I would hate to ruin the integrity of a good design.

Anyone have thoughts on that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:57 am 

Killclimbz wrote:
The other option for me would be to go fat with the Legacy. In that case I would look at the 163. Then again splitboard ski's are wide enough without using a wide board.

I'm on a 174 Legacy and I'm loving it. As you mentioned, the skis are pretty wide and I'm having some problems skinning on them in steeper firm terrain. Not the fault of the skis though but just need to refine my technique. Love the board though!