Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Reverse Camber Venture Split?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:35 pm 

I'd be stoked to try a rockered board and may demo one next season. All my boards are cambered, and most are different shapes. Long boards, short boards, fat pow boards, stiff hard charging boards, etc. They all ride pretty similar to me, and I get out 35-40 days a year. I can ride steep and nasty with my Malolo even if it's not a pow day, but I prefer my NS Titan or Custom X. Similarly, all my boards work well in pow, some just come with more rear leg burn. Honestly though, it doesn't matter what I'm on when I'm riding - whatever's under my feet works well with little fuss. Since I like steep and knar, I'll likely stick with camber, but why not give rockered a shot, especially with a demo? A quiver is a good thing :doobie:

www.splitboardoregon.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:26 pm 

Hey BCR,

Any more thoughts on the Rockered Venture? I would be interested in having a description of the rocker as well: is it flat between the bindings, and rockered at the tip and tail? Is there just extended tip rocker? Is there some rocker all the way through the board, tip to tail?
Any more info and riding impressions you can give would be appreciated.
Thanks

http://protectourwinters.org/
http://14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:57 pm 

I was talking to the Venture Rep at Moonlight Basin, he was telling me about their twin rocker split for next year, he showed me their other rocker split that had quite the tapered sidecut, i was on a Burton Hero with EST bindings so I had nothing to try it out with.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:48 pm 

I've gotten a couple days on this board. Nothing huge and certainly no deep pow, which is probably what it excels at, but I've liked it.

I don't think I've ridden a rockered/reverse camber/banana whatever board since maybe that old Burton Elite that I used my first couple days out.

I've never ridden a Venture before, but it seems very well built.

The weight is nearly identical to a Prior BC 161 and a little heavier than a Voile 161.

On fairly terrible dust on crust it worked fine, I can't say I noticed any reverse camber lack of edge hold issues. Skinning up and side hilling some challenging terrain, it held an edge fine, again I didn't notice any problems due to the reverse camber.

The middle of the board (between the bindings) sits completely flat to the ground and then curves up from there toward the tips. This makes for a pretty huge nose which I think would be fantastic for staying on top in deep pow, both on the up and down.