Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Reverse Camber Venture Split?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:27 pm 

You guys are dork's I can't remember the last time I needed help turning my snowboard let alone my splitboard, rocker! magnetraction! I mean what are you riding with your split the jib park? or are you guys just lame ass 20 degree pow farmers. I don't know about all you guys that are so stoked on these new tech's but when I get on my split I seem to encounter a wide variety of snow conditions most of which would deem a rockered board useless. I'm not dissing Venture they make sweet boards, I just think you people should just learn to ride a real snowboard instead of buying something that just makes it easier and honestly takes the real depth out of those really deep days, but I guess living in cali you don't really get days like that huh. :banghead: :rock: :rock:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:11 pm 

I'm guessing Poogs has yet to ride a rockered board. Are you still rocking Sorels with rubber straps stapled to your deck? Just like skiers aren't on straight skinny skis anymore, in a few years snowboarders will not be riding cambered boards anymore. Why? Technology. It just works better. True, the cambered boards we are all accustomed to ride well. But on a rockered board, I can set my stance closer to center, ride pow switch easier, and still get less leg burn. I'm pretty sure most of us know how to ride a "real" snowboard quite well. Travis Rice was a pretty solid rider before this tech came around. If you want to be "that guy" in a few years cruising with that guy who is still skiing 210 K2 KVC Comps, go for it. It will still be fun. But I suggest you try the new tech before you knock it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:41 am 

mtnman wrote:
in a few years snowboarders will not be riding cambered boards anymore.

imo, there will always be a place for cambered boards in snowboarding. while i've never ridden one, i can't imagine that a rockered board would carve as well as a board with camber and to be honest, i don't think i could trust a rockered board when i'm in the mood to just bomb runs when there isn't much fresh snow.

that being said, i still want to try out a rockered board in the pow.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:49 pm 

poogs wrote:
You guys are dork's I can't remember the last time I needed help turning my snowboard let alone my splitboard, rocker! magnetraction! I mean what are you riding with your split the jib park? or are you guys just lame ass 20 degree pow farmers. I don't know about all you guys that are so stoked on these new tech's but when I get on my split I seem to encounter a wide variety of snow conditions most of which would deem a rockered board useless. I'm not dissing Venture they make sweet boards, I just think you people should just learn to ride a real snowboard instead of buying something that just makes it easier and honestly takes the real depth out of those really deep days, but I guess living in cali you don't really get days like that huh. :banghead: :rock: :rock:

This is the way you introduce yourself here????
Fuck off, asshole cleaner.
If you want to know if folks here can ride, try looking in the TR's.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:32 pm 

you know how much I love my sorrels with my leather straps, it really lets you feel the terrain. Actually I have some dynafit boots with my bomber binders so yes I do have some newer tech and yes I have ridden a banana, it does serve its purpose. but have you ever tried to ride a rockered board on firm snow over 45 degrees, it is kind of scary, so unless you can afford a quiver of spliters or you have no desire to ride steep terrain than sure get a rocker, but like mtman wrote camber or at least flat is here to stay. and I only have two things to say about the T.R. comment 1: do you really think he rides a rockered board when he is killing it? and 2: TR can rip it on a freakin 2x6.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:35 pm 

by the way I have been visiting this site for years, and I have been riding splits since the Generation 1 burton s series. this whole rocker thing is just kind of silly so I had to write and express my feelings about it... DORKS! :thatrocks:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:00 pm 

poogs wrote:
you know how much I love my sorrels with my leather straps, it really lets you feel the terrain. Actually I have some dynafit boots with my bomber binders so yes I do have some newer tech and yes I have ridden a banana, it does serve its purpose. but have you ever tried to ride a rockered board on firm snow over 45 degrees, it is kind of scary, so unless you can afford a quiver of spliters or you have no desire to ride steep terrain than sure get a rocker, but like mtman wrote camber or at least flat is here to stay. and I only have two things to say about the T.R. comment 1: do you really think he rides a rockered board when he is killing it? and 2: TR can rip it on a freakin 2x6.

2nd and 3rd post = More FAIL.
TRs are Trip Reports. Not Travis Rice. Trip reports are located in the portion of this forum titled, wait for it.............."Trip Reports". Here's a link if you still can't figure it out.
viewforum.php?f=5
And since you brought him (Rice) up, Yes he does ride a BTX (Lib rockered design). So does Mark Landvik and everyone else who rides big mtn. for Lib. I would imagine the only time Rice isn't on a BTX is when he's riding a park somewhere.
You probably already knew all of that and were just testing us, since you practacally invented splitboarding after all :bow:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:01 pm 

Quote:
those really deep days, but I guess living in cali you don't really get days like that huh.

You are corect Sir!

Quote:
on firm snow over 45 degrees

^^^ But Lots of Days like these

Quote:
it is kind of scary

Not Really, when you are used to it that is

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:53 pm 

well up here we call him TR and I kind of know him and yes he does have a rocker model but like I said when he is killing it he is not on it. and as for your trip reports latest photo bones it looks like hummm, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and call it 30 degrees and the cali photo looks nice and deep but I would bet those waist deep turns are on cambered skis with no more than again I will give it to you and say 110 underfoot. it is nice to finally get some recognition for being so cool and inventing splitboarding.... again you guys are dorks. am not claiming shit I am just saying that rocker is not versatile enough for a board that you will be riding varied terrain with!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:06 pm 

Let's not turn into what started out as a good thread into a flamefest boys. The view from the highroad is always better. :)

Poogs,
Thanks for visiting the site over the years! I'm bummed though that you came out of lurking just to put people down and "set us straight". Sharing your opinion is encouraged but passing out insults at the same time is weaksauce.

Keep in mind there are also different flavors of rockered boards too. Rockered under foot, rockered in the tip and tail, rockered in the tip only. Nobody said anything about using a rockered board on steep firm snow either. I do agree there is a lot of hype about the boards and I think that's what bugs you the most. I haven't even ridden a rockered board yet so I can't speak on it very objectively but I'm not into hype either unless of course it's deserved. In theory and in certain conditions (pow) it seems like it would be fun. Hopefully I'll get to try one soon. I think its cool to see the split mfgs offer more shapes and styles too so props to Venture. That doesn't mean everyone everywhere should run out and get one just because it the cool thing to do.

ps. Looking at your boot preference I can see how you may not be into the rockered thing. Its all good, use what works for you and let others use what works for them. :grouphug:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:24 pm 

I hear you bcrider, I was not trying to argue, but all this rocker hype is just silly.I just see so many kids using there rockered boards for conditions that are not applicable, because it is the only new board they have and hey I don't care where you live some times it doesn't snow, it is made for pow, there is less edge contact so yes even if you are used to it, steep firm snow is not ideal for rocker. I only ride my hard boots on my split because it is better for the mountaineering aspect of the sport. but when it comes to a splitboard versatility is king because you never know what you are going to find out there! as for me this little guy is all the rocker I need :rock:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:22 pm 

poogs wrote:
...because it is better for the mountaineering aspect of the sport. but when it comes to a splitboard versatility is king because you never know what you are going to find out there...

Damn It, now I have to agree with poogs...at least these statements anyway. :drinks:

165 Venture Divide, Spark Franken-Burner, LaSportiva Spantik
163W Jones Solution, Phantom Alphas, Dynafit TLT5
162 Furberg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:17 pm 

Well, being a gear slut I only see the rockered boards as a quiver tool. I have a NS Titan for firm stuff (licensed of course :wink: ), Prior Spearhead for the deep, and haven't ridden a rockered board yet and am thinking of getting one just for the shits and giggles. :twocents:

UB

P.S. My Dad could totally beat up all your Dads......even poogs...:duel:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next