Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lost Camera
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:47 am 

Hey guys .... I made a big league move after a 17-hour climb yesterday, and think I left my camera on top of my car in the parking lot. :banghead: This is mainly for the Washington folks, but if anybody happens to see any mention of this on any other sites, please let me know. Also, I know this doesn't really belong up here, but I think it will get the most visibility.

Details:
Sunday night, Sep 28 around 8pm at Esmerelda Basin/Ingalls Lake TH.
Canon S5IS in a black LoweProwe case

I'm also posting this on Cascade Climbers, Summitpost, and contacting the ranger district. Any other ideas, I would love to hear them. Thanks.

"Oh man, that's like releasing a pack of wild baboons onto a keg of Icehouse next to a tied-up and gagged Lindsay Lohan." - Luca Brasi on TGR

Post subject: Re: Lost Camera
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:48 am 

Sorry to hear that kjkrow! Stay positive and hopefully it will be retuned.

I recently left my HD viddy cam on a popular boat taxi and didn't even realize it was missing for 3 weeks. Low and behold it was turned in and I retrieved it 2 weeks ago. At the same spot I found a still camera a few years ago and turned it in so I think that led to the good karma.

I'm sure you've got plenty of good karma stored up too so here's wishing you the best!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:01 am 

Ran over the tatoosh range this weekend researching lines for winter so I wasn't out that way. Try nwhikers.net also...those people are always in the teanaway. Good luck

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:22 am 

Thanks, I'll check it out.

"Oh man, that's like releasing a pack of wild baboons onto a keg of Icehouse next to a tied-up and gagged Lindsay Lohan." - Luca Brasi on TGR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:14 pm 

Yo Kyle, dont feel too bad. When we got back from Mt Adams , fouth of July weekend I was at the San Diego airport waiting foe the shuttle to my car. Shuttle came and I loaded up my boardbag and Backpack. Left my camera bag at the curb with a HD video camera, A point and shoot and my ipod.

Never saw it again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:36 pm 

Ouch, that hurts. The missing pictures bother me more than the missing camera, and the whole thing is just disappointing because I try to be very diligent with gear like that (and all my stuff in general), and haven't ever done anything like this before. Somehow I think 17 hours on my feet and 8,000 feet had something to do with it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:36 am 

:bananas: :bananas: :bananas: Update: My camera was found and returned. :bananas: :bananas: :bananas:

Jeremy of nwhikers.net found and returned my camera: http://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=426074#426074. Thanks Jeremy, you guys rock and hope somebody can return the favor for you someday.

Thanks to Spicoli11 as well, without him I wouldn't have known about nwhikers.net, and probably wouldn't have seen my camera again. Much appreciated. :headbang:

If you want more details, check out the Mt Stuart TR, they're in there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:40 am 

I love a story with a good ending!!!

Stoked it worked out and told ya you probably had some good karma to use!

Now jeremy and spicoli do too. 8)