Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The new Warren Miller movie...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:18 pm 

SUCKED!!!!

No snowboarders until the FIFTH scene! This was AFTER scenes that featured guys on snowmobiles shooting guns, and Bode Miller doing something we've never seen before: ski racing (I got my hopes up thinking Bode would actually ski a big-mountain line...but apparently that never crossed the producers minds).

A recap of the X-Games for those in the crowd who DIDN'T watch a single episode of Sportscenter during the ACTUAL games (the same time as NFL playoffs mind you)

Some people going off a jump on an inflatable weiner...I thought this was a SKI MOVIE?

And what about the actual ski/board scenes? They were just thrown together 2 second clips of athletes in the air: no takeoffs, no landings. I thought I was going to have a seizure.

The movie wasn't even narrated by Warren Miller.

Combine the shitty movie with a sold out theater full of 2,000 gapers, and I was ready to go home at the intermission.

I'll take 100 purists and a Thrillhead movie any time over the waste of time last week. At least I'll get some use out of my free copper/winter park/steamboat tickets.

Check out my writings: http://www.adamlreiner.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:28 pm 

I havent seen it and I could have told you that....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:27 pm 

affix snow wrote:
I havent seen it and I could have told you that....

Agreed, not a surprise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:54 am 

People still go to those? They've been awful and shameless collections of ad spots for years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:28 am 

Quote:
Combine the shitty movie with a sold out theater full of 2,000 gapers

You said it mang

Did you at least get a free lift ticket somewhere?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:43 am 

It's sad to watch warren miller films go down like this. They used to be all we had. They jsut have an inability to change with the times I guess. You would think with the budget they have they could film something a little more worthwile.

I think warren miller films are now marketed to the over the hill gang who were in the original WM audience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:06 am 

I don't think WM has anything to do with the films anymore. He sold the franchise (or whatever you call it) to his kid who then sold it to someone else. Or something like that.

Anyway, as much as I love snow sports, I can't handle anymore movies. Maybe occasionally when I'm bored but for the most part they all look the same to me. It's even worse seeing them in public with all the "Wha?!?!, SICK!!, Whoa bra," and the height of originallity...

80s ski wear.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:09 pm 

Warren Miller=Mancrush on Jeremy Bloom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:48 pm 

agreed, I can't stand watching Warren Miller, except for the old stuff which is sooo hilarious, what a great time to watch it now, it's just so bad, and so funny. it seemed to be "hardcore" to lifelessly fall off a cornice and land on your side 30 feet below, with opera music

at least stuff like Mack Dawg movies has really really high quality freestyle, these riders are getting so good at dropping backcountry cliffs and cornices in so many ways...
and there are lots of good parts with solid freeriding mixed in with freestyle being thrown in big mountains, even with some riding sequences starting to last more than 10 seconds :)

but I wish the movies would instill a sense of fun, a sense of respect for the mountains, a sense of being something more than just immediate "whoa bro, dude" etc. with shitty music designed to pump you up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:49 pm 

one of the only parts I liked was the videotaping from the back of the ski watching the kid behind him 360 over the road. leading him over.