Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums






It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mountain Bike Stoke
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:30 pm
Posts: 61
Thnx man, was a killer riding season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mountain Bike Stoke
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:48 pm
Posts: 214
Location: N. Vancouver <=> Santa Cruz
Nice shots Err! What did you think of Brian Head? I almost went there this summer but wasn't able to pull it off. Seems like it would be a fun place to ride....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mountain Bike Stoke
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:50 am
Posts: 328
Location: hippy pow turns
I'm still carving out the dirt. heres a couple from august. oct/nov still comming...

Image

Image

Image

Image

_________________
fat, old and useless. pick two.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mountain Bike Stoke
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:30 pm
Posts: 61
wavy wrote:
Nice shots Err! What did you think of Brian Head? I almost went there this summer but wasn't able to pull it off. Seems like it would be a fun place to ride....


Brian Head is always a great time. We usually try to make it down at least once a season. Dark Hollow, Bunker Creek, and Blow Hard are some great trails. Brian Head is close enough to Thunder Mountain and the Virgin/Springdale area trails to hit those in the same trip.

Here's a Flickr stream from our Oct trip down there, riding Dark Hollow in the snow, the creek gap pics are from Virgin -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/31197241@N ... 829774917/

Lookin' good Large Format! We did a huge ride just over a week ago but we're getting down to just a few lower trails now with this big storm rolling in. I'm sure there will be a Moab or Virgin trip before winter really sets in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mountain Bike Stoke
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:50 am
Posts: 328
Location: hippy pow turns
Err my meat hucking nut sack is no where near as large as yours, but even so I didn't get in a single lift day in this year(I heart silver star), unless you count the de Havilland ;)

the snow line was keeping us yo yoing the low hanging fruit till last week when the southerly flow re opened a couple of the local point to points. though it looks like were back to valley bottom stuff. :duel:

_________________
fat, old and useless. pick two.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mountain Bike Stoke
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:41 pm
Posts: 1620
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Way to keep the thread alive guys, nice pics! Where is Silver Star? I think a visit is in order...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mountain Bike Stoke
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:30 pm
Posts: 61
jimw wrote:
Way to keep the thread alive guys, nice pics! Where is Silver Star? I think a visit is in order...


Silver Star is in Vernon, BC. We hit Nelson on the same trip. There's good riding all over the place up there. I'd say that Silver Star is second only to Whistler in resort riding. Lots of flow, jump lines, wood structures, good fun. Much, much smaller than Whistler and a minimal village though.

Couple more pics from Silver Star, those guys are all over the wall rides...
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mountain Bike Stoke
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:41 pm
Posts: 1620
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Err wrote:
Silver Star is in Vernon, BC. We hit Nelson on the same trip. There's good riding all over the place up there. I'd say that Silver Star is second only to Whistler in resort riding. Lots of flow, jump lines, wood structures, good fun. Much, much smaller than Whistler and a minimal village though.

Holy sh1t!

Looks like I need to plan a trip to Silver Star. That place looks awesome. From those pics it looks even more fun than Whistler to me (but maybe I'm just biased because I broke my collarbone last time I was at Whistler :)).

Looks like we're into similar terrain; look me up if you're ever in norcal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mountain Bike Stoke
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:41 pm
Posts: 1620
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
In the random freeride stoke department, here's a vid I ran across recently. From norcal somewhere, but it's gone now. Pretty awesome building/riding. Would have been cool to see in person.

http://www.litterfilms.com/littermag/stinc.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mountain Bike Stoke
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:50 am
Posts: 328
Location: hippy pow turns
I was looking for some silver star pics, but nada. that step up is cherry. rattles my brain all the way into it and hurts to land the HT, but cherry none the less.

heres a little 07 stoke.

Image

Image


Image

_________________
fat, old and useless. pick two.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mountain Bike Stoke
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:30 pm
Posts: 61
jimw wrote:
Err wrote:
Silver Star is in Vernon, BC. We hit Nelson on the same trip. There's good riding all over the place up there. I'd say that Silver Star is second only to Whistler in resort riding. Lots of flow, jump lines, wood structures, good fun. Much, much smaller than Whistler and a minimal village though.

Holy sh1t!

Looks like I need to plan a trip to Silver Star. That place looks awesome. From those pics it looks even more fun than Whistler to me (but maybe I'm just biased because I broke my collarbone last time I was at Whistler :)).

Looks like we're into similar terrain; look me up if you're ever in norcal.


Silver Star is definitely not to be missed. While you're up there, the city of Rossland has a paid staff of trail builders now, apparently the place is buff and packed full of sweet freeride trails now.

I'll give ya a shout if I'm ever in norcal, do the same if you roll through UT.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mountain Bike Stoke
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:30 pm
Posts: 61
Those are some sweet looking trails Large Format. You in the Vernon area?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mountain Bike Stoke
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:50 am
Posts: 328
Location: hippy pow turns
the photos are a little bit of the south chilcotin, the rockies, pemberton, salmon arm, and the slocan.

_________________
fat, old and useless. pick two.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  





Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group