Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:20 am 

Killclimbz wrote:
Ok, since this is the second time a skin has blow on me. When in the hell can we get skins that some sort of tail cam lock.

They are called Black Diamond STS....... :D

I use the STS Ascensions and just put a small screw at the tip and havent had any probs.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:14 pm 

affix snow wrote:
Killclimbz wrote:
Ok, since this is the second time a skin has blow on me. When in the hell can we get skins that some sort of tail cam lock.

They are called Black Diamond STS....... :D

I use the STS Ascensions and just put a small screw at the tip and havent had any probs.....

Do you modify the current skins or are you talking buying new skins? I would love to see some pics.

It just seems that this is a modification that is long overdue for Splitboard skins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:18 pm 

I just bought new skins, but there is a thread somewhere about puting the kit on. Looks easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:40 pm 

Yeah, I just ran over to REI and saw that they have STS kits. They only had the small at the location here. I need to dig up that thread and see what the mod is. I don't need this happening again...ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:54 pm 

affix snow wrote:
I just bought new skins, but there is a thread somewhere about puting the kit on. Looks easy.

I think I found it:
http://talk.splitboard.com/talk/viewtop ... highlight=

I am quite interested in that topic, since I just bought a new Khyber (incl. Voile skins) and before I start trimming the skins I probably have to decide if I want to go with a tail clip or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:10 pm 

Yeah, I don't know how excited I am to drill a hole in my deck. Then again, it probably doesn't matter. I looked at the sts kit. I have some other ideas on how to make it stay put on the tail. First off, I have to figure out if the long kit is enough to make up for the gap from the end of the skin to the tail.

The sts kit that they had the REI at Park Meadows was just the short one. So I need to find a long kit to see if I think that will work. So far I got a hunch I'll need to buy new skins=lame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:08 pm 

Quote:
We aren't considering a lock down device for the split while in tour mode. A few people have asked

Quote:
Most guys that have been splitboarding for awhile learn to ski the split decently, it's just a matter of time spent doing it.

Not true

Post subject: Winter OR in only 6.5 more weeks!!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:24 pm 

Okay, I called Voile a couple weeks ago and said "Pretty please, can I have a taper-tail from Voile for Christmas?" and all that. Not surprisingly, I got "IF we have something to show, and IF we have a couple of extra that we feel like selling, there will be info on SB.com".

I can't stand the waiting!!! I want something NOOOWWWW! Even dirty, sketchy, shaky rumors will be better than nothing. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Has anyone else even called to let them know of your despserate NEED for new Voile Products?

If you need me, I'll be rocking in the corner, counting the days...

Shep

p.s. Some details have been changed for dramatic effect. I'm pretty sure they didn't think I was nuts when I called. I think.

Post subject: less loud colors
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:54 am 

My biggest problem with Voile's products, which I use and love: DAMN THOSE ARE LOUD COLORS. Please use less loud colors. How can I show off my board if it's neon orange?

Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:25 am 

You could spray paint them :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:27 pm 

As long as we are voicing petty concerns, how about for 2007 sewing the stuff bags for the Voile skins about 1/2" wider? Does putting the skins away really have to be such a pain? Or am I the only one with this problem...

(PS This is not a cry for advice on how to fit the skins in the bag. I know it can be done via precision folding.)

Post subject: Re: less loud colors
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:40 am 

ltdanp21 wrote:
My biggest problem with Voile's products, which I use and love: DAMN THOSE ARE LOUD COLORS. Please use less loud colors. How can I show off my board if it's neon orange?

That's right I forgot. It's all about looks with your split when you're skinning and ripping. I could care less about the quality of the board as long as it matches my shell. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:29 pm 

SF, we read your mind- all the skins now come with a larger bag.

Don't take the bag on the tour though! Minimize transition times in every conceivable way, splitters have too many other concerns.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next