Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:05 pm 

There seems to be a misconception that the changes to the board lines I initially addressed were for next season. This isn't true, these changes were made at the beginning of this season. My apologies for confusing some of you, my intent was to help inform the community here.

I also wanted to let everyone know that we have some great news to reveal at the OR show regarding our splits. I won't spill any details, but I will say that we have a new board line to introduce at the OR show at the end of this month. There should be a few of the new boards to demo at the on-snow at Brighton as well. This new series will be available in the fall, but there's a slight chance that a few of these boards may become available this spring.

My apologies for any animosity that some of you may feel out there. We're working very hard to bring the best product at the best price to all of you. I can also promise that the new line of boards will be worth checking out, we're introducing a very contemporary shape/flex.

Hopefully everyone's reading this after a long day of untracked riding!

:D Happy New Year :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:01 am 

Come on, Karma! Spill the beans. We won't tell anyone.

PS Need any testers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:02 am 

Thanks for clearing that up, Karma. I had it wrong for sure. I'm stoked to see next year's lineup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:59 pm 

Hello.

Newbie here. I am aching to buy a 166 Freeride. I would be considered an intermediate boarder. 6'0", 165lbs. Would there be any advantage in waiting until next year for one of the new boards, or just end my suffering now, and get the one I'm lusting after.

Also, would be used by a bunch of teenage kids over the next few years, who ride much better than me!

Great forum, by the way. I've been lurking for a while. Back to the shadows. Thank-you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:23 pm 

Frail1, get out and start splitting on anything you can get ahold of :!:

Splitboarding changed my life... Why prolong the freedom of dropping any line that your eye catches?

Complete freedom! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:37 pm 

So I'm starting a hardboot experiment, and decided to pull the trigger on the cants. But in preliminary testing I don't think I need a lot of cant because using the cant adjustment on the cuff of the hardboots helped a lot. I was hoping for some options as far as the cant angle goes. Any plans to make a mellower cant than the 5+ degree ones available now? Maybe a 2.5 degree or so? Or am I going to have to "modify" them?

Excited to try the cants. Still not totally sold on hardboots for the descent though.

Thanks,
UB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:30 pm 

karma surf wrote:
Frail1, get out and start splitting on anything you can get ahold of :!:

Splitboarding changed my life... Why prolong the freedom of dropping any line that your eye catches?

Complete freedom! 8)

Thank-you. Unfortunately called today and the board is gone! I'd wanted to get it from MEC. I'll search about. Thanks for the reply.

Gonna drop some eyecatching lines tomorrow anyway, but on the hippy pins. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:06 pm 

There is a 166 freeride for sale here...

Venture Gear
110-2000 Spall Road
Kelowna, BC
V1Y 9P6

tel: 1-866-979-4327
fax: (250) 762-4226
email: venturegear@shawcable.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6