Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What's New at Voile for 06'/07'
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:54 am 

First off, thanks to all the splitters here who are helping to revolutionize bc snowboarding! Voile has been investing in more tooling, and in expanding our production capabilities. We're working hard to offer better quality, and more selection. Thanks for your support! :D

The flex pattern on the Freeride and Mtn gun have both had some slight modifications. We feel that the majority of riders would be better off with a slightly softer Mtn Gun, and a stiffer Freeride. The first splitboard I ever had was the old blue flame 66. There's a world of difference in performance of the older Freerides vs. this newer design. The new Freeride is an excellent choice as an all around board. We've also got a slightly different layup process that we feel will result in less chatter on all boards at the tip and tail.

Here's the new Freeride graphic for this year shown on a 166:

Here's the new Mtn Gun graphic shown on the 71:

The graphics haven't changed much on these two lines, but we have made substantial gains in our future ability to provide better graphics. The first board to benefit from this is the new 178ST:

All boards are converting to black sidewalls with black bases including a new die-cut graphic on the base. Here's the new base shown on the 71 Gun:

And a close-up of the same die-cut:

Keep in mind that all Voile splitboards are handmade in the USA!

Our plans are to offer 2 new sizes in the Mtn Gun series, a 166 and a 153. We also plan on introducing a complete new line of boards with a completely different shape, graphic and flex pattern. We are hoping to be able to introduce these at the OR show this winter in Feb.

The latest crampons to roll through production have also had a slight modification. They now have a beveled edge which offers better bite in hard snow:

The new crampons will start shipping once we're out of stock on the previous style.

We have new ski crampons which I'm excited about, I love the simplicity of the design:

I would like to have these available for the splitboard too. They work in fixed position only, but they're smaller, and don't require removing the slider track/binding to install them. I also don't ever use crampons in the "mobile mode", so there wouldn't be any trade-offs for me. Does anyone else have an interest in Voile making these an option for splitters as well?

Thanks again to all of you out there for your support! :D

:D :D :D PRAY 4 SNOW!!! :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:02 am 

Wow looks great, now you have me thinking about a new Freeride board while I'm waiting for a new 195 ST. Any chance of getting a set of the new style crampons before the stock runs out of the old style? the fixed style loks nice too, real simple. Will Voile' ever make solid boards again? I really liked my freeride board before I cut it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:38 am 

arghhhhh.... black bases! NOW!!! that's what I always wanted and what I recomended to the german distribution: "voile should make black bases!"
damn... I bought a mtn gun 171 last year ... don't want to spent the money for a new one ...

the black bases look great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:39 am 

I bought the mtn gun last year too. At least we can see the wax better on our white base when waxing......depending on what color your usin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:27 am 

I like the "fixed position" only crampons. I never use the current ones in the free heel mode. They make the stride to herky jerky and tend to bind here and there. Plus they don't really bite into the snow if you are using the riser. So a smaller fixed crampon would be fantastic imo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:09 pm 

I'm with Killclimbz... I think the 'mobile mode' is pretty useless. I find that if I need crampons I usually have the heel risers up, which means the crampons won't bite. I'd way rather have fixed crampons that I can install without taking the skis off & apart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:34 pm 

THANKS for posting the sneak peeks karma surf! The black bases look nice and will hide scratches and colored waxes better. Cool to see a new logo too. Its also great to hear about the new Mtn Gun sizes and the mid-season new line release coming. 8)

Thanks again for sharing! :thatrocks:

Re the ski crampon debate…see this thread.
http://talk.splitboard.com/talk/viewtop ... 7613#17613

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:04 pm 

moving this post back for jive.

jive stick wrote:
Having input on both the ski and board crampons, I'm with the lock down crowd. Crampons are useless when the heel lifts are up and that is when I want them. The ski crampons are not liftable.
Burton crampons worked marginally well until I broke one. Did make it halfway up one hill with um. They were packable, a weakness of the Voile issue.
Hope ya didn't ride that new 178 at Alta, dj. It's still a little boney around here..

BTW, the board crampon is interchangeable lock down or lift. Switch the lever .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:30 pm 

Wull, thanks, I wuz getting to that. Had to get even with karma surf,first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:58 pm 

DJ, thanks for putting up with my questions and for the fast service. My new FR 173 should be here tomorrow. LET IT SNOW!!!

~Scary (aka Gary Mcdaniel, The Junk, CO)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:31 pm 

Well, we've been busy down at the shop again, working on our typical top secret frankenstein projects. We just ran a few prototypes, and the mold is now ready to begin cranking out some new cants. Yes, you heard right! 8)

This is the first pair, ready for me to mount up and torture test, we're just now sourcing out the longer screws. We should have these things ready to roll in the next month or so. They fit the universal pucks perfectly, and of course, we also have the split kit cants as well for those pucks. Here's a couple blurry images:

These cants have about 4 degrees of rise. Contact the guys at Voile for more info! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:32 pm 

Aw, come on Karma, you gotta give me a little more on that new shaped snowboard line talk...

I'm a few weeks away from some new fat tele skis, unless I see a splitboard shape worth $750-$1100. $525 for some Insanes seems far more reasonable.

So are the new shapes really worth waiting for this time? Give it up Karma Surf! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:39 am 

Me want CANTS!!!!

I made my own, but they are shoddy at best!!!

Let us know when they might be availible!!!!