Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How tight should my Viole pins be?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:08 am 

I finished setting up my new board but I'm wondering if I need to make some more adjustments.

It takes a lot of force to get the pins on my Voile interface to slide through the binding plate when in board mode. I can only get them in place if I grab the wire bales and twist the pin back and forth while I pull it into place. I don't think I could do it with a gloved hand.

Seems like I need to move one of the pucks closer to the middle of the board just a hair but maybe what I'm experiencing is normal and things just need to "break in"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:15 am 

The tighter they are the less play (slop) you'll have, but if it's too tight it may be hard to get the pins in. I'd probably move the pucks back just a hair or use it a few times, it should get easier. If you do move it back a little check them every few trips and adjust as needed.

Have fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:46 am 

Put the "jig Fixture" aka the plastic puck alignment tool back on between your pucks, loosen the screws holding the pucks, push the pucks together as hard as you can and keep pressure on them while you tighten them. This shoulkd fix your problem. You made need someone to help push , tighten ect

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:21 pm 

In my case, I tightened the pucks with the jig in place. Then I removed the jig and slightly loosened the screws on the toe-side puck. Then I tapped it very slightly toward the heel side with the handle of the screwdriver. Finally, I tightened the screws back up. I was able to slide the pin in effortlessly after that. The way my particular board fit together, it was a nightmare pushing the pin in if I just sized everything with the jig.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:00 am 

Another option - if its almost sliding in now - would be to flat-file a hair off the toe-end of the plastic puck which should allow the pin to slide in easily. You might clamp a thin pice of metal or plastic to the board just below where you'll file so it doesn't put an ugly scar from the file there.

Since the puck is plastic you should be able to gain the needed clearance without losing any integrity without too much filing efforts.