Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Want to go on a backcountry hut trip? [Couloir Spam]
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:36 am 

Though I'm a lowly telemark skier, this is one of the sites I check just about every day, and BCR gave me the green light to post a little Couloir spam on here. I think it's something the SB.com crew will appreciate and make good use of....

The first issue of Couloir is shipping for the season, and it's something pretty different. As everyone else this year led off with their Buyer's Guide, we decided to launch a Destination Guide, focused entirely on the backcountry hut experience. And it is entirely... Soapbox, News, Shelters (8 hut profiles), Features (4 hut features), even the gear we review is books, travel bags, and duffels.

But, the real meat of the issue is the Hut Guide. I'm pretty psyched, since I put this whole guide together, but it's 24 pages, over 17,000 words, of beta on over 250 public and commercial backcountry huts, yurts lodges in North America, going through location, capacity, elevation, access, price, season, amenities, and contact info. It's pure information, and we barely had enough room to fit a couple small photos. If you're hoping to go on a hut trip, or ever thought about one, it should be a pretty killer resource to start your planning.

Anyway, there's more info on our site, www.earnyourturns.com, and here are a couple more teaser pics of this issue, from two of the features from Selkirk Lodge and Battle Abbey Hut, and the Hut Guide itself.

Enjoy!
Graham

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:41 am 

Looking forward to picking it up. I never thought I'd see a BC Hut issue but I've always wanted to know where some more are. Cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:22 am 

good thinking...i subscribed last week.

with the amount of time i spend between splitboard and couloir forums at work, i am waiting for sys admin to block accesss to these sites. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:14 pm 

Thanks for posting this Graham! I can't wait to pick up a copy. :)
Feel free to share the Couloir Spam with us anytime.

Now…..if I can just land that big sponsorship deal to help pay for some hut trips. :mrgreen: