Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:00 am 

I have been thinking about making a switch for a while now, BUT one question I have is about toe drag. If I go with a plate bindind and the Nuptuse boot, can I run my current stance angle?( +12 front, -9 back) Yes thats Duck. I have been riding like this for 30 years ( skateboarding, surfing, wakeboarding, and snowboarding) All of my boards have the same stance and Im not going to change that . So great gods of hardboots ...can it be done? I wear a size 11.5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:20 am 

patroller420 wrote:
If I go with a plate bindind and the Nuptuse boot, can I run my current stance angle?( +12 front, -9 back) Yes thats Duck.

So great gods of hardboots ...can it be done? I wear a size 11.5

Well, the Nuptse aren't a HARDBOOT. But, because they arent you could definately rock the Duck stance...they ride like snowboard boots.

As far as the PLATES with the NUPTSE...i was foolin around with my Nuptse and my Voile plates and didnt really like the way the Toe-Throw sat in the toe-bail on the boot. The Nuptse have a Grooved bail, not a ledge like say on AT boots or even Koflachs....I dont know how much i would trust this even with the BCD mod. It just felt like the lever didnt want to fit comfortably in that groove.....see groove below...

and the ledge on Koflachs in bretts Bod....
http://www.splitboard.com/talk/viewtopi ... sc&start=0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:37 am 

AHA! That's the pic I've been looking for for a while. (Didn't you post photos of the mtn plate+hiback a while ago?) Anyway, when I tried a voile split at Timberline in OR, I tried using my Invernos with plates for a few runs. I didn't like it, and switched back to normal bindings+soft boots, but I thought there was some potential... The problem I had was the laces wouldn't stay tight. I want to add a strap over the top of the foot to see if that does the trick. Anyone else have this problem with PMBs? Did you try this? Did it help? etc... Maybe once I get that sorted, I'll decide I need the hibacks too... Of course, it's gonna have to wait until I get my hands on another split long enough to experiment. :?