Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:37 pm 

Jogi wrote:
i think it would be better if we ask whose wife does not think that way ... ;-)

j.
...called a geek

you guys need to get split-boardin wives...my wife was mad i didn't post a pic...she even has more splits than me :-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:22 am 

InTheMountains wrote:
you guys need to get split-boardin wives...

I wouldn't trade my wife for the world (splitboardin' or not). :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:02 am 

My wife doesn't think I'm a geek for splitboarding, she thinks it's rad and supports me in it 100%. She thinks I'm a geek for getting online to see if anyone's posted another picture of their quiver, if you know what I mean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:28 am 

My Fiance just smiles and rolls her eyes......untill I cant chip in for some wedding shit......that'll be fun. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:30 pm 

The important stuff:

Burton 2004 Custom 165 split on the left. Yes, using the overengineered and freeze-prone Burton interface system, which I will continue using until I run out of spare parts. On the right, a 2004 Malolo 162 waiting to get finished. I've cut it but haven't gotten around to finishing it. Can't wait to ride that thing in the pow. Oh, and a 2004 Demo 9 in the background. 2004 was a good year.

Misc:

2002 Burton BMC 162 on the left. Great ride, but what's up with the cap construction? Beat that one up pretty good this year, it's now the rock board. In the middle is a vintage 95 Burton Air. Still going strong. That board was with me on my first real bc trip, to Shasta in 98. Cool to see that they're making the Air again. On the right, a 98 Burton FL Project 162. FL stands for "F***ing Light", which it is. Great backcountry board, stiff and light. One of the best boards they ever made IMO.

Oh, and on the right, a snowskate I picked up at one of the local shops a couple years ago. They were blowing them out; I guess they weren't that popular. My new goal for this season is to ride that thing down Third Pillar. At 5 PM, on ice. knucklesplitter, want to come with? :)

On a side note, I'm obviously a Burton fan, but has anyone checked out the 07 catalog? Their split only gets a tiny 1" by 2" picture w/short description! That's it. Not even a full pic, which every other board in their lineup has. Lame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:07 pm 

jimw wrote:
Oh, and on the right, a snowskate I picked up at one of the local shops a couple years ago. They were blowing them out; I guess they weren't that popular. My new goal for this season is to ride that thing down Third Pillar. At 5 PM, on ice. knucklesplitter, want to come with? :)

Only if we can ride it backwards after forgetting our goggles and losing some kind of electronic device on the Plateau. Oh, and Melanonos are mandatory for the photo op.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:19 pm 

knucklesplitter wrote:
Oh, and Melanonos are mandatory for the photo op.

You're just jealous because you don't have one. You know you want one...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:20 pm 

from google:
Your search - melanonos - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

* Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
* Try different keywords.
* Try more general keywords.

Oh! you mean Malolo(s)!

Not critizisin, just clueless there until I read up the thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:08 pm 

Here's my boards that stayed in the loft over the summer, hopefully I'll add a Voile' 195 swallowtail and a 200 Tanker this year.
the splitboards are in the corner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:48 pm 

Will wrote:
from google:
Your search - melanonos - did not match any documents.

Don't believe everything you read on google! :)

Actually we are talking about the infamous "melanono". It used to be manufactured by Chums, but they don't make them anymore. It's a little piece of neoprene that attaches to the bridge of your sunglasses, covering your nose. Hopefully, preventing skin cancer (melanoma) on your nose. Get it, "melanono"?? Somebody at Chums is a marketing genius!

Here is one in use on Shasta (along with the bitchin' bonnet-style sun hat):

You know you want one! :)

Back on topic... refried, that is a serious collection!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:03 am 

ah hah, similar to the product under development by birdman:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:57 pm 

Sheesh, refried, I thought I was bad w/2 swallowtails in the attic! 6 swallowtails in 2 neighboring counties, the apocolypse is coming!! I'm thinking about a 200 Tanker, too. Wait for the '06/'07 Mask, it has 15 mm taper and is very light. Had a proto in my hands this May from another local guy who knows Harry, too bad I didn't get to ride it. If you are looking at Rad-Air, you must already know about exoticboards.com, he is the US distributor for them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:24 pm 

Sorry I don't have any cool customized nose screen UV blocker photos, but here's a few boards...

This was from last season, and a few of the boards were my nephew's, and one was a prototype board I was testing. I also just sold the flame 178ST (enjoy it Liv4pow!) but replaced it with the new graphic 178ST. Here's Production Mngr MC showing off the first prototype new graphic 178ST... which I just got to take home today!- Thanks Bro! :D :D :D

Here's the new board at home with my custom blue hooks and tracks:

This board was the first board with the new graphic, production models all have the "split decision" text moved more towards the tail.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next