Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - Exchange student

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Exchange student
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:49 am 

Well, its time for my exchange student to arrive. He gets here this weekend. No, its not some korean kid whos a mathmaster, but the one and only Wyomingsplit-ride comes in this weekend. Through this website a mutual agreement came about, he toured me through his backyard, and now its my turn. Surf, sun , wakeboarding, lobster, Baja ect...... We will be posting our progress. Thats splitboard.com for joining like minded individuals across the globe. Well at least across the western U.S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:20 am 

Cool man...wakeboarding drool
Don't suppose you ever drag your boat up to Castaic?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:15 am 

They got camping? Cant get anything for the 4th of july at Bass Lake so ......Im open for sugestions. Hey , your not too far drive on down. I do know on thursday june 8th we will be hitting San Vicente. Thats in Lakeside California, so if you got the day off, head on down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:17 am 

And we could use a little more size on this south swell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:41 am 

Baja! The land of cheap gunpowder and plentiful barrels...

I hope you guys have a blast.

Surfline wrote:
FRIDAY:S Southern Hemi builds to its peak with head high to overhead waves going on in Baja Sur. Best breaks in Baja Norte hit head high plus.

SATURDAY:S swell holds steady as some more NW windswell gets in.

SUNDAY: S Southern Hemi starts to slowly wind down but keeps exposed breaks in good waves. Some rise in NW windswell.

MONDAY:New S swell moves in with more head high plus surf for well exposed spots.

Another round of S(180-190) shows in Southern Baja next Monday for more head high to overhead surf through the first part of the upcoming week. Well exposed breaks in Northern Baja pull in a smaller share of that swell for head high waves Tuesday and Wendesday.

Sounds good enough to me. I'd be jealous if I wasn't headed to the land of coconut milk and poi tomorrow. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:48 am 

Which Island you going to? And whats it looking like over there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:56 am 

Big Island! They should pick up the same Southern Hemi this weekend in the head-high range. Nothing impressive in the forcast yet after that...

Maybe I'll bring my snowboard and ride this sweet line on Mauna Kea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:47 pm 

Dude, if I went that far and I had any kind of plank, I would try to ride that patch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:02 pm 

patroller420 wrote:
They got camping? Cant get anything for the 4th of july at Bass Lake so ......Im open for sugestions.

Check out Shaver lake. it's about an hour east of Bass and has more coves and less crowds, though July 4th will be crowded anywhere. They also put on a fireworks show now that has been decent in recent years.

There is camp edison, which is most likely full for that weekend. Dorabella campground sees fewer visitors with it's lack of showers and plopper toilets, but is walking distance to the lake where you can leave a boat overnight. That's my hometown, so let me know if you want some more beta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:38 pm 

Thanks, I have been meaning to go up to that area. What do you think is better , Hunington or Shaver?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:20 am 

Wow, am I jealous. I fully expect to see a surfing TR, so rip it up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:44 am 

patroller420 wrote:
Thanks, I have been meaning to go up to that area. What do you think is better , Hunington or Shaver?

Both are very nice lakes, for different reasons.

Shaver is a better wakeboarding lake. It is warmer, has more coves, is bigger, less wind chopped, and has better beaches if the lake is down a few feet. It does have some hidden suprises (read rocks) so watch yourself.

The fireworks are also a fun time. Lots of people out on their boats past dark with lots of alcohol involved. I would wait a couple hours after the show to return to the marina, it's a zoo of impaired people trying to get their boats out of the water. Camping at Edison or dorabella, you can leave your boat in the water and walk to it in the morning.

Huntington is great for sailing and fishing. It sees more wind and tends to get choppy. It is also quite cold in the mornings. Huntington has more campsites, but less amenities than the town of shaver. Gas will also be more $$$ at huntington.

Haven't been up there this year, but you may be able to get a few turns in on the north side of mt. givens. Take the kaiser pass road up to white bark vista. Great views from here, and a snow patch that lasted through july last year.