Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Busted interface
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:41 pm 

So it finally came to an end, I broke my Burton interface. It had those cracks on the underside of the interface that I thought would end them, but, the pivot pin gave way first. Not bad for three years of use, almost every weekend, figure I got my $ worth.

Broke on a steep uphill in Giddy Gulch on Shasta. Kind of sketchy as it was frozen and I didn't pack the crampons, softboots do not kick steps very confidently. Managed to hike Casaval mostly on rock to the top of Giddy and descend the cream into Avy Gulch -- sweet corn to the p-lot.

Anyway, on Monday I Rondo'd the same route in a pair of Scarpas. A dream compared to my T-1 softboots which kill my heels. Skied Giddy proper, the corn was even better than Friday.

I'm half tempted to go to plates and the Scarpas with the new Voile bindings I'm gonna have to buy.

Shasta is prime right now.

Andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:05 pm 

Hey Andy -

I have some spare interfaces that I've collected in my Burton Interface Museum (tm). Mainly for when the same thing happens to me... Anyway, if you're using a pre-2004 model I may be able to hook you up. Drop me a PM.

Then again, the Voile conversion isn't too bad if you use the Voile universal pucks as mentioned in some of the recent threads, like this one. I tried a modified conversion, and it didn't quite take so I'm back to the Burton interface for now... in spite of its problems I still like it, when it's working right it's great.

Post subject: Re: Busted interface
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:21 pm 

shasta wrote:
I'm half tempted to go to plates and the Scarpas with the new Voile bindings I'm gonna have to buy.

You dont have to buy Voile bindings...you have to buy a Voile "interface". Then you can use any bindings you want. :)

Post subject: busted
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:41 am 

Thanks for the offer re parts. The plates are about to crack all the way through so a new pin will only get me into a spot like last weekend, I just need to do the switch.

Bcrider: thats what I meant to say, I'm thinking of giving bomber plates a try with the Scarpas.

Now I just need to fing a money tree.

Andy