Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: For the Nuptse Gang.. (Nuptse & Bomber Split Bindings)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:07 pm 

Anyone have experience with the La Sportiva Nuptse and the Bomber Splitboard bindings, or a similar hardboot binding? I worry that it wont be stiff enough, but I'd imagine that could be solved with the addition of a bcd'esque highback.

Thoughts, reactions, ideas? :twisted:

Still trying to get this setup dialed.

-C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:38 am 

I was actually gonna do the same thing that BCD did....I have Nuptse's and was gonna do that mod....

Right now, i lucked into some Scarpa Matrix's for wicked cheap and have been riding AT boots (gasp) and might abandon the idea of Nuptse's......

Otherwise i think it would totally rock as long as you had a Highback.

(although im still in the testng phase of riding in AT boots, intital results are I LOVE IT!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:16 pm 

Im about to hijack my own thread...

affix, PA represent! I grew up in the Poconos, pretty close to Jack Frost. Snow's a bit better out here. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:27 am 

ya, I ditched my Nuptses and went to a pair of Garmont Dynamites. Which I then beefed up with a pair of Megaride tongues. Haven't looked back. They are about a pound heavier than the Nuptses. But, the Mtn Plate binding setup is probably 2-3 pounds lighter than the old Flow bindings so overall, I win.

Of course, the Nuptses climbed better (i.e. when booting or scrambling or on ice). The lateral flex of the Nuptse uppers is likely to be a major issue unless you do something like BCD did with a highback. At which point you have to ask yourself, why spend the extra $100 for Bombers when the Mtn Plate will serve the same purpose (holding the boot onto the plate)? Could spend that money on something else (highback, gas money, booze, weed, coke, hookers ;-))...

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:43 pm 

I've considered going the AT boot route, but I'm not there quite yet.. The bomber split bindings are on the menu because I'm getting a great deal on some. 8)

I was hoping I could stiffen up the uppers with a powerstrap and some garmont tongues.. Something tells me I might be trying to hard.. So yeah, the bcd highback is probably going to be the ticket for a little while.. Then real hardboots mebbe? Sounds like a problem for next season, but currently I'm thinknig my strap bindings are too heavy and have way too many things to break.. I'm hoping that I can stiffen things up a bit one way or another.

Thanks for the tips!

-C