The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:14 am 

Clever. Way to think outside the box.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:02 am 

Very clever, if it stays put. Will have to test that out tonite, but it may not work for me at the angles i ride. Good thinking!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:06 pm 

Or you could pick a line w/ more snow! :wink:

Haha! No, really. Great idea!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:26 pm 

Cool idea. I used to do something similar when carrying the board on the pack, but my axe was way too long to wedge in with my boots in the bindings... It looks like from your pics that you can insert/remove the axe w/o having to take a boot out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:30 am 

i just untie the rear boot, step the axe loop (->important) and tie the boot again.
It gets really fixed there.

next weekend i'll find even less snow, but there is no line with no much snow... only slack surfer! :)

Ra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:51 pm 

OH my god- someone rides down holding an axe in their hands? Welcome to a broken face or stabbed gut! Put it on your pack- buy a pack w/ a axe attachement area or lash it to the very back. Dakine makes the Poacher- great pack for backcountry pursuits. Been using it for years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:59 pm 

ddegraaf wrote:
OH my god- someone rides down holding an axe in their hands? Welcome to a broken face or stabbed gut! Put it on your pack- buy a pack w/ a axe attachement area or lash it to the very back. Dakine makes the Poacher- great pack for backcountry pursuits. Been using it for years.

I'd like to see you tell Stephen Koch that, after he boarded the 7 summits.
:lol: There are actually quite a few people that use their axe while riding down. I can't say I'm always totally in agreement, but if you check the recent Mount Johnson TR you'll see Bcrider using his.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:41 am 

ddegraaf wrote:

You're a bit late... this debate happened about a 2.5 pages ago on this thread. :D

Oh, and I met the caretaker at Tuckerman's Ravine in NH that is on the Winterstick test team (He offered to let me take his Splitstick for a run, but I was too tired at that point to hike up for another go). He had a fresh scar on his cheek, and I found out it was from an ice-axe. I'm thinking he may be the guy in the article referenced previously in this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:12 am 

Shep wrote:
ddegraaf wrote:

You're a bit late... this debate happened about a 2.5 pages ago on this thread. :D

Oh, and I met the caretaker at Tuckerman's Ravine in NH that is on the Winterstick test team (He offered to let me take his Splitstick for a run, but I was too tired at that point to hike up for another go). He had a fresh scar on his cheek, and I found out it was from an ice-axe. I'm thinking he may be the guy in the article referenced previously in this thread.

I'll take a scar on my face or a puntured gut if it saves my life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:15 pm 

BGnight wrote:

I'll take a scar on my face or a puntured gut if it saves my life.

I'm not arguing that at all. Hell, I always wanted an eye-patch to turn on all the ladies when I say "Arrrr!" :wink: