Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: *OLYMPIC SPOILER* Womens' Snow Board Cross
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:55 pm 

WOW! Poor Lindsey Jacobellis...losing it on the second-to-last jump to just miss the gold medal. All because she pulls a celebratory method air and lands on her heels.

I feel sad for her, but man, that was a cocky...and costly...move.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:17 am 

f' 'dat. Had she stuck that, we'd be freaking out. GO BIG OR GO HOME! You GO GIRL!

de prisa de prisa rumbo perdido

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:17 am 

huevon wrote:
Had she stuck that, we'd be freaking out.

yeah, but she didn't so she threw away years of training to look like a hot shot. That was a weak ass attempt anyways. She didn't even land with her board running down hill. She was days ahead of everyone...that was foolish straight up. Never mind her parents investment, the coaches time. A lot more people have to work for that moment besides just her. In the end it's her decision to make but I'd be ashamed to have the silver when I COULD have had the GOLD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:34 pm 

i agree w/ mtnrider, also the whole world is watching and half the world already thinks americans are arrogant, she didn't help. i'll bet she re-thinks that whole "stablizing the board" thing. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:38 pm 

mtnrider wrote:
yeah, but she didn't so she threw away years of training to look like a hot shot. That was a weak ass attempt anyways. She didn't even land with her board running down hill. She was days ahead of everyone...that was foolish straight up. Never mind her parents investment, the coaches time. A lot more people have to work for that moment besides just her. In the end it's her decision to make but I'd be ashamed to have the silver when I COULD have had the GOLD

Dudes whatever... Screw the olympics and your bullsh*t medal count.

Throwing out a big ass method with everything on the line is about as cool and anti-establishment as it gets. IT IS NOT ABOUT SHOWBOATING OR BEING ARROGANT, it's about saying i don't give a rip about your stupid medal count and I snowboard for myself cause it's what stokes me out.

Parents investment... Lindsey is full on professional rider making it happen, she probably makes more than her parents. Isn't that a good return on investment?

:evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:56 pm 

All is well and good with the fuck establishment and medals and everything shit... but I meen, why the second to last jump. just throw it on the last one and then when you bust it on your face you can still slide to the finish with the gold.
-Barret

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:19 pm 

reefer,
if she doesn't care about the medal count why is she in the olympics competing? and if she solely snowboards for herself why is she even competing at all. if she was all anti-establishment she would have streaked it, not throw a method that seems to be with the establishment. the women is a wicked snowboarder and i think the world knows this, she got caught being arrogant! :oops: it seems to be more stereotypical than anti-establishment :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:39 am 

butryon wrote:
reefer,
if she doesn't care about the medal count why is she in the olympics competing? and if she solely snowboards for herself why is she even competing at all. if she was all anti-establishment she would have streaked it, not throw a method that seems to be with the establishment. the women is a wicked snowboarder and i think the world knows this, she got caught being arrogant! :oops: it seems to be more stereotypical than anti-establishment :roll:

butryon, your totally missing my point. All i am saying is that trick wasn't about being arrogant and trying to say look at me i'm sooooo rad. It was more about her being stoked on snowboarding and having fun than being all about the good ole team usa gold medal count so MIDDLE AMERICA CAN BRAG about all those medals we won while sitting on the couch.

Was it smart? definitely not but shit that was a sick method -- cut the girl a break 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:18 pm 

Yeah, I'm sure her parents didn't help her financially what so ever...

:roll:

I'm sure she feels the same way as you RM for throwing away that Gold Medal. I'm just trolling here but I bet it was *kinda* important to her.
As I also mentioned...at least land the board running down hill if you're going to try a jump. Didn't look like much of a professional move to me...lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:42 pm 

mtnrider wrote:
Didn't look like much of a professional move to me...lol

mtnrider you sound like a real bad ass, you should show lindsey how to throw down sometime. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:07 pm 

So she ate shit showing off... so what, she's an American for craps sake. What less would you expect? She was rejoicing in the moment and unfortunately it cost her. But why shouldn't she have fun (almost) winning? WTF is wrong with that?

Actually, I could care less about the olympics or any snowboard comp for that matter. Be that as it may, anytime Lindsey wants to have a personal instructor for bustin' methods I'm available.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:19 pm 

ReeferMadness wrote:
mtnrider wrote:
Didn't look like much of a professional move to me...lol

mtnrider you sound like a real bad ass, you should show lindsey how to throw down sometime. :lol:

I am. Thanks. Her method had style I'll give her that and a cookie for you RM. Landing the jump is equally important take off man. I'm sure she has some riding skills but she couldn't land it. She didn't even somewhat have the board running back down slope, it was 90°.

hmm...are you her boyfriend Reefer? where you go sleddin' at? just picked one up maybe you can give me some pointers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:54 pm 

mmm I like cookies especially if they have the proper ingredients. I am not her boyfriend but damn that wouldn't be a bad job would it now?

New sled huh? now that is a topic i like. sweet. What did you get? Where do you plan to use it around so cal?

Me and the crew have been hitting some areas around Leavenworth & the Blewitt pass area. We also have been scoping out some mtns around salmon la sac, possibilities are endless around there and it's only 2hrs from Seattle.

Splitboard/Sled combo is the ticket imho, snomoboarding is what I call it.