Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where to find '06 burton s-series 162
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:19 pm 

Hello Splitboard community,

I've drooled over the trip reports, done my homework, and decided on the new ('06) Burton s-series in size 162. The only problem is I can't find 'em anywhere. The burton website gives a link to a shop that's sold out, and burton doesn't backorder these. Has anyone seen one at their local shop???

Any help is much appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:45 pm 

A friend just got one through, :roll: REI :roll: .

It's dissappointing that Burton doesn't see the value in splitboard.com's on-line store.

Maybe next year. Wake up Burton. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:51 pm 

powderjunkie wrote:
A friend just got one through, :roll: REI :roll: .

It's dissappointing that Burton doesn't see the value in splitboard.com's on-line store.

Maybe next year. Wake up Burton. :?

What's wrong with REI? I buy from them all the time. I get a percentage of the money I spend back every year and if I ever don't like something I just take it back for a refund at any point.

I was actually thinking about buying a new voile split from them but I found one used locally for less money so I went that route.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:31 pm 

Just saying that REI has em, but splitboard.com store doesn't. I'm sure REI has more pull and is probably "guaranteed" boards. Burton does what it has to.... I guess. Hence the :roll: :roll:

I like rooting for the little guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:33 pm 

Thanks for the support PJ! :)

We ordered some 06 Burtons for the store but Burton under-estimated the demand for the boards this year and ended up making too little. They cancelled our order to fill larger dealers like REI. It sucked. :(

But that's pretty much the nature of the beast I guess.

Regarding REI. I buy all sorts of stuff there too because it's close to me. But when I can support the mountain shops like Sports LTD and The Backcountry, I do that too.

Welcome K, Dan. 8)
You might try backcountry.com or Mountain Gear

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:15 pm 

Thanks for the tips guys. REI only has the longer vers., Mt. gear says they can ship on 1/20 on the website, but they say they can't get 'em when you call. No luck on backcountry.com either. I've searched a butt-ton of websites in the past weeks...

Oh well, I'm gonna search a little more, hope to see you all out there when i get my gear rollin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:40 am 

Check out Mountain Gear. They will have the 162 S-series available January 20 - http://www.mgear.com/pages/product/prod ... 4294967267

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:06 am 

Yoda wrote:
Check out Mountain Gear. They will have the 162 S-series available January 20 - http://www.mgear.com/pages/product/prod ... 4294967267

K, Dan wrote:
Mt. gear says they can ship on 1/20 on the website, but they say they can't get 'em when you call

ps. That's just horrible that they have a picture of last year's board up for this years. Pull your head out Jake! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:41 am 

I called MG. Nada :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:47 am 

REI: NADA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:57 pm 

does the burton S price include the voile hardware or do you have to buy it separately?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:18 pm 

Quote:
does the burton S price include the voile hardware or do you have to buy it separately?

Interface and skins each sold separately. Both are available on the voile website. I see you can also get the skins from the splitboard.com shop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:23 am 

I guess i'm one of the few lucky ones that got the 06' Burton S Series 162 from REI. I checked the Burton site and it only listed REI as carrying them so went there and my order went through-free shipping too, got the board 1 week after ordering. Next day checked back and they were sold out.
You have to buy the Voile Interface kit ($150)-shouldn't this kit be cheaper than the split it yourself kit since it doesn't come with the clips? Also need skins-I bought the new style Voile Tractor skins ($150).
First ride sat 1/14 at Powderhouse-only got one ride, snow was great but it was my first hike of the year and am really out of shape. Board felt great on my only run down, lot more flex than my previous Voile 166, also feels about a pound lighter. So far so good with the hardware and the new skins are a lot easier to take off, they also feel lighter than the old style skins. I'm a smaller guy (5'10" 145#) so the 162 feels a lot easier to ride than the 166, floated good and turned on a dime.