Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: anybody using Drake Matrix bindings with voile hardware?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:20 pm 

I'm looking for some new (or used) bindings on the cheap side. After spending a little while last night mounting my bindings to the voile interface I don't want to have to switch that ever time I want to ride another board. I'm on burton missions right now and I've been pretty happy with those, I've used Drake's before also and like those alot too. Looks like there's some of last years Drake Matrix on ebay for decent prices, is anyone using these.

I found that my missions needed to be set back a little bit so that I could get full up swing in touring mode without the front of my binding coming into contact with the board/mounting hardware. I think I'd like to find a binding that I could mount a little more centered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:28 pm 

dfinn,
I had a pair of Drake Limited, which look similiar to the Matrix. I found that although they were really comfortable and responsive, they were a little heavy, esp. the top strap, and the binding was too wide when put on a slider plate. It just didn't feel right to me.

I've just got a couple days on a pair of Bent Metal Bindings and have been happy with them so far. I got the cheaper pair without the toe ramps to save a little more weight.