Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hey Burton guys
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:06 pm 

Has anyone upgraded their old Burton split deck to accomodate the Voile interface? I imagine you have to replace the touring brackets and drill a couple holes. I'm seeing a lot of old interface Burtons on ebay. Not sure why someone would pay hundreds for an obsolete interface unless you're planning a conversion. Buyer beware I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:47 am 

i plan on converting my burton without drilling any new holes. i can be done, you just have to make a few things. i will update my thread about it when i get it done in about 2 weeks.

i am going to try and sell my burton interface when i do this too. if i was sticking with the burton interface though, i would deffinatley buy some spare interfaces. i think with a few spare interfaces burton users could continue to use the burton setup long enough until all boards drilled for this interface are dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:09 am 

Don't forget about good ol' [url=http://talk.splitboard.com/talk/search.php] [size=200]“SEARCHâ€Â

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:47 am 

to be honest, i dont really want to make any more of my conversions than maybe 1 or 2 extra. i just dont really have the time to make a bunch of them. but if i think it would be great if someone else (bcr?) made the same product, i think there is deffinately a need for it.

hopefully i will get a few of the blocks milled out in the shop this afternoon or tomarrow, but i still need to order all the voile hardware before i can start converting my board.

thanks for the link to the other thread, bcr. that is the thread that gave me my idea, and i plan on copying the idea of the carbon "adapter plates"

it looks like the adapter plate that holds the heel lifter may interfere with the crampons in fixed mode. maybe i will use counter-sunk screws instead of button head...