Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:14 pm 

mtnrider wrote:
it's a little tough at first but I'm having tons of fun! ITS the BOMB!

WSR-

MtnR said it right. The first few months are a lot of work. Obviously, baby's need much attention. During the first few months I felt really guilty leaving the mrs. while I was doing "fun" stuff. Not near as much guilt anymore. Not to mention how much fun I have with my kids while I'm not doing me selfish hobbies. I'm really looking forward to doing my hobbies, snowboarding being one of many, with my girls. Good luck, man. Your life will never be the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:18 pm 

Wyomingsplit_ride wrote:
mtnrider-go with the "summit" if it is an option. That machine will be nothin' but love. You may not be using your sled to highmark, but you will want the power for powder and cruising up steep hills. I have never highmarked with my machine, but I have gone up a few crazy steep trails where I wished I had the power of a Summit. They are gat!

Thanks for the baby advice too. I am stoked. :D

you're right about that..

I'll give props to the Polaris 900 RMK as well. Mine has been pretty much nothin but love... I opted for the 159 instead of the 166 which I do not regret and lightened it up a bit with an after market pipe and airbox but it didn't suck before hand... although I mainly use mine for splitting it's hard to resist the occasional highmark when scouting out new areas... somethin about climbin 1000' in seconds... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:42 pm 

I got myself a new Mountain Gun 171, Gonna take it out this weekend if I can get away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:46 pm 

mtn rider,

I have a 2003 polaris RMK 800 w/ 151 inch track and my buddies have the following;
2004 Summit Rev 800 w/ 151 (16inch wide) track
2001 Summit (not Rev) w/ 151
2005 RMK 900 w/ 159

They all have the capability to get you far into the backcountry and while the RMK 900 pretty much climbs the best your definitely going to pay more for it. They all climb really well and get us to some cool terrain. IMHO the most economical way to get into it is just get a couple year old RMK or Summit w/ low miles and not a lot of mods (mods depending on what they are can reduce reliability). You will save thousands by NOT buying the latest and greatest although the new chasis (REV and IQ) are really nice. Buying from a private party is also the way to go, look the sled over good before buying though.

My requirements were the following;
800cc
151 inch track
>=2002

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:09 pm 

refried wrote:
I got myself a new Mountain Gun 171, Gonna take it out this weekend if I can get away.

where? It be rainin in them hills... :cry:

reefer- it's all about the rider :lol: (rev has a 15" track and the rest of us are 14's...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:34 pm 

huFfer wrote:

reefer- it's all about the rider :lol: (rev has a 15" track and the rest of us are 14's...)

details details...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:29 pm 

Hopefully, I'll find a Prior khyber split under the tree.

What I'd really like is a couple feet of pow instead of the frozen and liquid rain we've been getting. But I'll take the prior if that's all I get :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:11 pm 

affix snow wrote:
1st and formost, im hoping for descent cover in the Adirondacks in upstate NY from 12/27-1/2...and the rest of the winter of course. As of now, things are looking to be good. Drew?

nothing to see here. move along now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:54 pm 

dacksdescents wrote:
nothing to see here. move along now.

Excellent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:41 pm 

HufFer I swear to God your name should be BlackCloudOverHead. It seems to rain on your parade more than anyone else.

Post subject: more sled info please
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:55 am 

Nice...thanks for the sled advice guys.

I think I'll be heading up to Bozeman soon to pick up a Summit 151"...pretty good deal. $500 under list. There will also be a Summit 144" next to it.

:twisted: Keep your eyes peeled for a post, if I can squeeze it in you know I'm traveling w/ my splittin' gear.

:?: Track length? I'm 5'7", about 160 and my uncle is about the same a little lighter but he's 63. The guy said a 144" track would be better for him to ride and not get as fatigued throughout the day. I don't see him using his as much as myself but that hopefully will mean I can take both. hmmm...

sorry for drifting this thread bcrider...should I move it?

Post subject: Re: more sled info please
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:04 am 

mtnrider wrote:

sorry for drifting this thread bcrider...should I move it?

Nah man...you're all good...its the Christmas thread. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:09 am 

Quote:
I think I'll be heading up to Bozeman soon to pick up a Summit 151"...pretty good deal. $500 under list. There will also be a Summit 144" next to it.

Keep your eyes peeled for a post, if I can squeeze it in you know I'm traveling w/ my splittin' gear.

Let us know when. I have a very open schedule to ride and if you're gonna have some new sleds there are lots of options :wink:

too bad my old bronco isn't trail worthy right now since I hear ya have a nice truck.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next