Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Considering giving splitboard a go
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:13 am 

xIceHoundx wrote:
All this week was really warm for the Austrian Alps, hopefully they will get some snowfall to roll through.

No new snows gonna come that's any good for resorts, maybe some in May on the big glaciers like Stubai. 2 years in a row in pow

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:02 am 

xIceHoundx wrote:
So i've been looking at some different splitboards on the market to piece together a setup. Im 73 inches tall and roughly 230 lbs in weight and wear size 12 boots, my solid boards are a Lib Tech T.Rice Pro HP 164.5 and a Never Summer Proto HDX 160. I was really interested in the NS Prospector split 167X but they are sold out in the united states. I could go with the Lib Tech T.Rice split 164.5 as it still can be found, but feel I should probably be on something a bit longer for splitboarding I assume. So I could buy the T.Rice split, hold out for next years Prospector split, or maybe there is another board yall could suggest?

Next years Skunk Ape split should be the ticket, I think I saw it in a catalogue so it should be fairly certian that this is going on sale soon.

Furberg 167 Split with Afterburners
Furberg 162 Split with Magnetos
Prior 165 Backcountry XTC Split
Libtech Dark Series DIY Split with DIY binders

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:41 am 

ieism wrote:
xIceHoundx wrote:
So i've been looking at some different splitboards on the market to piece together a setup. Im 73 inches tall and roughly 230 lbs in weight and wear size 12 boots, my solid boards are a Lib Tech T.Rice Pro HP 164.5 and a Never Summer Proto HDX 160. I was really interested in the NS Prospector split 167X but they are sold out in the united states. I could go with the Lib Tech T.Rice split 164.5 as it still can be found, but feel I should probably be on something a bit longer for splitboarding I assume. So I could buy the T.Rice split, hold out for next years Prospector split, or maybe there is another board yall could suggest?

Next years Skunk Ape split should be the ticket, I think I saw it in a catalogue so it should be fairly certian that this is going on sale soon.

Good call I did actually notice that the other day in Lib Techs 2015 catalogue
http://snowboardscatalog.com/post/73496 ... btech-2015

Looks like I wont be leaving Germany this coming OCT, ALARAC message came out trumping my RCP plan so I will be in Germany another winter until JUL2015 or maybe DEC2015 when I am supposed to ETS the military. That means ive got a bit more time to play in the Alps.

Anyone got anything good or bad to say about Venture splitboards? That Skunk Ape split looks very promising, the Never Summer Prospector splits looks to be very highly spoken of too, def looking to see what other potential boards would be good for a wide footed guy like me.