Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - macpherson

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: macpherson
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:49 pm 

Looking for beta on the best route up to mapherson

Post subject: Re: macpherson
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:54 pm 

That depends on where you want to go. To get to the mountain in general head south of the TCH on 23 south, park at the nordic area and walk up Mountain Climb. Beyond that there are plenty of places to play. The fingers are straight forward bang for your buck, usually the first skin track to break off on the left. The north end of the mountain is home to Burnt Knob. Keep walking on the skid road past the fingers for a kilometre or two to get to base of this zone. The lines between the two afore mentioned zones is best accessed from above rather than below.

Be safe, things slide around up there.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:59 pm 

Been to both the fingers and burnt knob, and yes it's hard to miss to potential to slide.The terrain between" the womb" i believe is what can only be accessed from above by gaining the ridge.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:28 pm 

Yeah, the womb, and there are some other lines in there that can be accessed from the tree ramp above the burnt knob. The womb is not nearly as great a run as it looks from town.

Where are you looking to get to particularily? If you are heading for the summit there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run...

MacP is a big place, a "best route" requires a destination.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:45 pm 

Both time on the fingers we climbed to a point where the skin track got too steep to be efficient, but still had down tracks from the ridge.I'm partial to climbing up what im going to ride down or at least climb up the same aspect. Just lookin for info on the safest route to gain the ridge for now

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:23 pm 

The middle finger goes through to the ridge. It is stupid steep near the top, as you know, but it does punch through without taking the skins off. That is really the only efficient way to the top of the fingers. As far as safe goes, well, you know how to look out for yourself.

From there the ridge is convoluted and following it north to the womb is a frustrating endeavour. Better to climb west across the south slope of MacP and make your way up to the snow dome from there.

There are good times to be had dropping back into the fingers though. You can certainly put yourself on top of some burly pillow lines if thats your thing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:40 pm 

thanks utasidian. I'll give it the ol middle finger try. burly pillows make me smile