Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hestra Glove Warranty
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:18 pm 

Has anyone dealt with Hestra on warranty issues? The plastic barrel on the sinch strap for the gauntlet broke and I was hoping to get it fixed. All I have recieved back so far from them is a standard email indicating I should assume at least 3 weeks just to have it shipped to them (their corporate offices are about 40 minutes from me) and they have provided no indication of what I should expect for them to actually process the warranty claim. I sent back a request for some more information a week ago and haven't heard anything else. I am a bit afraid that if I ship it off I won't see them back until spring. They also indicate that if I don't respond within 1 week of their warranty claim determination they will throw the gloves away becuase they don't have space to keep them. Compared to other brands this warranty process seems pretty 2nd rate.

thanks

Dale

Post subject: Re: Hestra Glove Warranty
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:38 pm 

Lame.

I had an issue with Level Superpipes and they didn't even respond, so I guess Hestra is better. Still lame though. Btw, can't you change yourself?

For me, OR has been the best - I had older GTX mitts which started to fall apart, went to the Seattle store and they gave me the new model for free right away. Awesome!

For hardgoods I love Union: I just show up and get through to the tech people (would be the same for Capita, but I dont ride Capita)

Cheers
Ivo