Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums






It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Need some snow/partners
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:15 pm
Posts: 2570
Location: san diego CA
Dec 27th- Jan 5th

Looks like the east side is too thin. I can go up to Shasta, or over towards Utah.

as usual Im jonesin for some snow.

unless we are getting a big swell during that time. I can still surf


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need some snow/partners
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:45 pm
Posts: 844
Location: hopefully not at work
^^^ I would look for something other than Shasta...unless you wanna do some hiking :nononno:

http://www.snowcrest.net/camera/

Image

_________________
Chris

165 Venture Divide, Spark Franken-Burner, LaSportiva Spantik
163W Jones Solution, Phantom Alphas, Dynafit TLT5
162 Furberg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need some snow/partners
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:31 am
Posts: 206
We got pretty good coverage up here in Bend. I'd be happy to join ya during that time as I took it off from work. Haven't done much exploring other than the easier access stuff. I'd also join ya surfing the Oregon coast. Grew up in San Clemente 20+ years.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need some snow/partners
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:15 pm
Posts: 2570
Location: san diego CA
Hummmmmm...That would be cool, well cold actually. I might be draging Imatation Funk along with me


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need some snow/partners
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:31 am
Posts: 206
TEX wrote:
Hummmmmm...That would be cool, well cold actually. I might be draging Imatation Funk along with me


Ironically, the water temps during winter up here are reasonably bearable. Low to mid 50's. It's the air temp that actually causes the pain. Don't know imitation funk.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need some snow/partners
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:38 pm
Posts: 385
Location: Eugene and Coos Bay, Oregon.
Splitinbend wrote:
TEX wrote:
Hummmmmm...That would be cool, well cold actually. I might be draging Imatation Funk along with me


Ironically, the water temps during winter up here are reasonably bearable. Low to mid 50's. It's the air temp that actually causes the pain. Don't know imitation funk.


Water is 47 at the moment. Low fifties is more typical. Winter south winds can give us water that is warmer than the north winds of summer sometimes. Winter north winds or east winds make the coldest water, like right now. I surf here a lot and the air or water or cloudy days with wind or fog can all make you really cold sometimes. A couple of weeks ago for a number of sessions the air was below freezing an the water was 45 to 47. That was cold.

Good luck finding snow TEX. Not many storms coming through yet on the west coast.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need some snow/partners
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:31 am
Posts: 206
buell wrote:
Splitinbend wrote:
TEX wrote:
Hummmmmm...That would be cool, well cold actually. I might be draging Imatation Funk along with me


Ironically, the water temps during winter up here are reasonably bearable. Low to mid 50's. It's the air temp that actually causes the pain. Don't know imitation funk.


Water is 47 at the moment. Low fifties is more typical. Winter south winds can give us water that is warmer than the north winds of summer sometimes. Winter north winds or east winds make the coldest water, like right now. I surf here a lot and the air or water or cloudy days with wind or fog can all make you really cold sometimes. A couple of weeks ago for a number of sessions the air was below freezing an the water was 45 to 47. That was cold.

Good luck finding snow TEX. Not many storms coming through yet on the west coast.


Well if the snow never comes, it's looking like Xmas at the beach for me. Do you surf PC or more Lincoln city area? 47 is freezing balls. But so is hiking when it's -10, which I reported to when the snow fell last week. Burrrrr.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need some snow/partners
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:19 pm
Posts: 253
Tex let me know if you make it out my way. We can find some fun stuff to get into.

_________________
My journey to becoming an Ironman
http://ironmaninthesnow.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need some snow/partners
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:15 pm
Posts: 2570
Location: san diego CA
Thanks Logan. Thinking about what to do....waiting for the surf report.and the weather report


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need some snow/partners
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:09 pm
Posts: 682
Location: white room
Tex, if you do find some snow, please, please, please bring some back to CA. The rest of us would appreciate it!

_________________
Ridin' Dirty


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron





Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group