Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 13/14 Venture Storm "review" by Mtn Weekly
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:56 am 

You can't make this shit up.

Mtn Weekly Venture Storm Snowboard Review
The Venture Storm Snowboard is an all-mountain freeride deck that can weather any storm. Though you certainly shouldn’t take this baby out when there is an actual storm raging on the mountain, it performs equally well in untouched powder fields, the terrain park, and on icy manicured slopes.
While the Venture Storm Snowboard can certainly do it all, it is especially at home in the rugged backcountry. It simply eats up big lines and the burliest terrain you can think of. Open steeps and tight tree lines are easily demolished by the Storm.
An incredible amount of float in fresh powder is thanks to the Storm’s moderate taper and soft nose. At the same time, the snowboard comes through with plenty of stability and control thanks to a stiffer midsection and tail. The board’s flex is fairly soft between the feet, creating a playful and forgiving ride without sacrificing agility, stability, or durability.
If you’re a big mountain ripper, the Venture Storm Snowboard is right up your alley. It might just be the 2013/2014 all-mountain stick you’re looking for. The Storm is also available as a splitboard.

Venture Website
Developed in conjunction with Silverton Mountain and tested in Colorado's rugged San Juan Mountains, this freeride deck craves big lines and burly terrain. Chatter proof when bombing open steeps, but agile enough to navigate tight trees and narrow chutes without flinching. Moderate taper and a softer nose provide float for untouched powder fields, while a stiffer midsection and tail lend stability and control in unpredictable big mountain conditions. No wonder the Storm won Backcountry Magazine’s 2010 Editors’ Choice Award and was named a Snowboarder Magazine“Best of Test” by Rocky Mountain retailers. For 13/14 we've softened the flex between the feet for a more forgiving and playful ride. A great go-to board for big mountain rippers.

Nothing against Venture here, I have been riding my Storm for several seasons now, but this review is a joke. :thumbsdown: (and yes, today is a powder day and I am sitting at my desk. :banghead: )

Post subject: Re: 13/14 Venture Storm "review" by Mtn Weekly
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:07 am 

Quote:
Reviewed by Jake Walnuts
Now to be forever know as "Jake Chin-nuts"

HikeforTurns wrote:
(and yes, today is a powder day and I am sitting at my desk. :banghead: )
You and me both brother... It's to cold anyway. My board would just stick to the snow (I keep telling myself :cry: )

Post subject: Re: 13/14 Venture Storm "review" by Mtn Weekly
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:22 pm 

Yeah I heard about snow CO has been getting from my co-workers in FC.

Someone please visit Jake NutGobbler and properly smash his ballbag, so that he may not pro-create.

I would NEVER ride in a raging storm...you may get snow on your new board.

I can't wait to go out to demolish my environment, and humiliate my surroundings.

-Luther Standing Bear,

http://splitrippin.tumblr.com/