Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 2:03 pm Posts: 27 Location: Pacific North Wet - Portland
I'm generally available on weekends and occasionally weekdays as well. A Mt Adams summit trip could be a go once the road opens. Anywhere with decent late season snow would be fun. Snow dome on Hood's north side?
I was up on the N side of Adams on monday. There was still a bit of windblown powder, but with an uneven icy crust underneath, then firm conditions below maybe 10k. Tough conditions to manage. Anyhow, you might want to wait for at least a few days after this storm for the mountain to shed the few fresh feet that are likely to be up there. Right now the approach from FR 23 only requires about 3 miles of extra road/forest skinning before the trailhead.
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:42 am Posts: 529 Location: Oakland, CA
Okay, so here is a very preliminary schedule if anyone is down to join. I'd love a partner for Hood if anyone is willing to show me around!
Thu 6/6 - Lassen Fri 6/7 - Crater Lake, or MTB/climbing around Bend (anyone want to climb around Smith Rock?) Weekend 6/8 & 6/9 - Adams with Jefe and company Mon/Tue 6/10 & 6/11 - Would love to hit Mt. Hood, but I need a partner Wed/Thu 6/12 & 6/13 - Would love to hit Mt. Shasta if my knee isn't too worked at this point, HW route. Could use a partner and am very familiar with this route (have done it 2x before).
Will have my MTB with me in case I get skunked on any of the above or my knee is giving problems (it's mainly a problem when hiking around with skis on back, not when biking).