Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Karakoram Interface and Binding System
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:47 pm 

I just went boarding today on my new Arbor board and Kararkoram binding system. The initial setup with the interface system was difficult to attach to my board. Then when I went out today my interface system had problems with snow sticking to them. I spent $600 on the bindings and I know there are bugs initially, but is there any advice to combat this problem? I have been splitting for 9 years and have used every system out there including the first Burton interface system which had the same sticky issues. Any advice would be appreciated!

Post subject: Re: Karakoram Interface and Binding System
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:09 pm 

hey,

I haven't had many issues with snow sticking yet, on one occosion I recall being a bit miffed. I do feel they are more of a higher maintenence set up though. I do like the fit and feel they give the board over a viole set up. I treat them more like a firearm though and they get an effient tear down cleaning/bolt torque/lock tite go over. I definitley like them and it will be even better to see what the guys come up with as they refine them over the next few years. I'd like to see them get away with less fasteners also. Finish on some parts can improve also but definitely a :thumbsup: from me. The cost seems expensive but it's somewhat comparable to a Sparks/Voile puck set up if boughten new together. Give them a few sessions and see what you think.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:51 am 

I've never used the Karakoram system but I remember well getting super frustrated with the Burton interface years ago. Until - I discovered Tri-Flow. Its a teflon based lubricant and will keep things loose and working well to way below 0. If its not teflon based the lubricant(WD40 etc) makes things worse in cold temps. It should be available in most decent hardware stores.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:20 pm 

Thanks for the info! I am dialing them in and already given them the once over. I tour tomorrow so hopefully every thing goes a bit better. Happy splitting!