Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hey look we have a fan club! AKA David Gottorff is a douche.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:50 pm 

Uh oh. Shit is getting ugly. This was just posted on the SINTA page:

"Love this photo! "Hike for Turns" and "Bones" have threatened us and spam bombed our email because they want it taken down. Now it will NEVER be taken down as a result of their behavior. We are reasonable people who would have honored your request if it cam from an endeerig parent instead of cyber harrassing thugs. Oh ya......guess we win. Don't worry your loss though comes with a bonus. Can you say criminal charges? Cause we can."

Who are "us" and "we?" Apparently he thinks he has a posse.

Oh, FYI: I copy-and-pasted that quote directly from the FB page, so those typos aren't mine. Nice grammar/editing. This guy is a professor?!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:10 pm 

Wow, some professional he is. I made a simple comment about how if we are going to ban splitboarders from the BC, we should also ban snowshoers and mountaineers.

I then went on to say that we should focus our energy on education about snow pack analysis and terrain management, rather than picking on any single group of people.

My comment was deleted and I have been banned.

Nope, no bias there. Totally reasonable guy. Ha. :thumpsup:

He is probably going to loose his job...

P.S. He highlighted that picture of your son, and claims YOU are going to get criminal charges? :scratch:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:59 pm 

:bananas:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:38 pm 

Wow, what a f'kin tool. I'm tempted to post on his facebook, but after thinking about it, agree with what some others have said....

The worst thing in the world for this guy would be if everyone just ignored him. He doesn't exist. It would drive him crazy. He's getting off right now on the attention and clearly looking for confrontation. If he gets no attention, he'll go f'king nuts and do something desparate. That, or just keep giving Ravi reach arounds.

www.splitboardoregon.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm 

I might be nervous or even take that threat seriously if I had done anything criminal or even wrong. I haven't. I wouldn't even know how to spam bomb someone if I took a class on it and I have only threatened an uncomfortable conversation if chance presented itself. The fact of the matter is, I made one phone call and posted one comment on his hate page that merely asked for the photo to be taken down. Beyond that, I haven't done anything more than what you read in this thread.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:24 pm 

Another "testimonial". Transitioning to be able to participate in avalanch rescue?! I am beyond words.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:50 pm 

i think yall gotta cut this douche some slack, ya gotta understand where he's coming from... i mean back in the day, tele whackers were the kings of the shit in the b/c, AT was primitive and heavy, unreliable, and snowboarders were postholing / slow shoeing, below contempt really, only worthy of ridicule when we did something especially badly...
and now look, just 25 years later and it's all fuct up, tele gear is now (still) primitive and even heavier and it still breaks as much as it used to, and snowboarding, besides the fact that it 'saved skiing' back in the 90's, now it's more effective in the backcountry than tele gear ever was... tuff times!
so its like he fell from grace with gad and if he's (clearly) got issues of self confidence that must hurt...
i see this type of douchorff in the b/c sometimes, they gotta be one up, first they try prove they know it all, if ya play along and make it obvious ya know plenty, then their second line of attack is that they've done it all, when it becomes clear ya done more than that then their last line of defence is 'i'm safer than you!!!', tighter pants n shit...
weak sauce for sure, shows how ego can be such a pathetic part of human nature, that shit show is also a good example of the downward spiral that happens if you play at their level and really the only way to deal with negatizzity is to rise above it
:doobie:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:10 pm 

karkis wrote:
that shit show is also a good example of the downward spiral that happens if you play at their level and really the only way to deal with negatizzity is to rise above it

Canada raises such well adjusted young men. Continually impressed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:26 pm 

powslash wrote:
karkis wrote:
that shit show is also a good example of the downward spiral that happens if you play at their level and really the only way to deal with negatizzity is to rise above it

Canada raises such well adjusted young men. Continually impressed.

I'm not even close to as articulate as Karkis, though probably just as Canadian. He fuckin nailed that. A+ brother.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:24 am 

bones get broke wrote:
Snowolf wrote:
Well, he has deleted everyone`s comments except those that agree with him.

Hey guys, if you click on the photo of our friends child, under options you can report it to Facebook as harrassing a friend. I did this and I think everybody should do this until Facebook removes it.

I've done this several times and FaceShot couldn't give a micro shit....They wouldn't even take down my photo that had my personal info as a caption. My picture is gone now but I think David Gottorff took it down on his own. Facebook security and harassment protection is a joke.

Yep! I got the auto generated form letter telling me that they reviewed the photo and that it did not meet their criteria for harrasment, blah,blah,blah. I guess I got banned too as I can no longer post on its FB page either..... :bananas:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:40 pm 

I've learned two important things from this thread. First, David Gottorff is a douche. Second... I need to get some tight pants so I can be safer in the bc! Thanks to karkis for the unending fountain of wisdom. :)
karkis wrote:
their last line of defence is 'i'm safer than you!!!', tighter pants n shit...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:49 pm 

Kneepads might help... :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:54 pm 

Is it possible to overload the facebook page. Like if a couple thousand of us just write jibberish on the page in the same hour?

I think we should try tomorrow at noon pacific time.

If people are down to try leme know so I can bother to log onto facebook and help blow up the page.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next