Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Moving to San Fran
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:51 pm 

I know there’s a lot of Bay area peeps that frequent this board so I thought I reach out to some of you.

After being out of work for a while now, I finally got a job in San Fran and I’ll be moving there as soon as I can sell my house in WA. In the meantime I have to start work so I’m looking for a place to live within commuting distance to downtown San Fran. The company I’m working for is going to put me up for a month but after that I need to find something cheap. I’d be open to a sublet, roommate or anything in between. The main thing is that I can’t tie myself down to a one year lease because I don’t know when my house will sell. I know everyone says Craigslist is the place to go for this sort of thing but I thought I would start here and maybe luck out and find someone who shares the same interests as me….like Splitboardin!

I don’t smoke or do drugs and only drink when someone buys me a beer. I’m clean, non-religious, and I don’t poop on the floor. I start work next Monday (1/14/2013) and I have to find something a month from that date. Let me know if you know of something……terrys@schmedia.com

Post subject: Re: Moving to San Fran
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:53 pm 

Hey Terry, post this up over at Telemarktips.com too
lots of Bay area peeps over there

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:16 pm 

Seriously... Craigslist with a roomate situation is going to be your best bet in this situation http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/roo/ - especially if you're set on being in SF proper.

The Avenues (Richmond and Sunset districts) are going to be cheaper than the places closest to downtown. They trade sunshine for fog, but are closer to the beach/ocean. All depends on how much you want to commute - the closer to downtown or the bay, the higher the prices generally.

You could also go to the east bay and take Bart into downtown, or Marin ($$$) via the ferry, or south of SF on the peninsula with reasonable Bart/Muni public transport into downtown.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:41 pm 

Thanks for the advice. I've been looking on Craigslist too.....man, the Bay area is a little $$$$$! :disco:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:55 pm 

When I lived in SF I always got my rental info from the SF State, USF, and UCSF housing boards. Seem to have a better chance of the person not being a total weirdo.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:37 pm 

sketchT, i moved here back in the summer. my girlfriend and i shopped and shopped. as much as we like the idea of living in the city it was just too much money for some things we weren't getting (parking, washer/dryer).. SO, we found a place on CL over here in the east bay. about no more than 1.5 miles from the coliseum. i work at SFO and take BART and bicycle combo. after work i sometimes take ferry/bicycle combo.
i don't mean to be long winded here... look for roommates in the peninsula area. i think you'll find something there. save some money, they won't be sketch-bombs, and you're commute won't be too bad. good luck man!

168W Solution Split
Spark R & D Blaze
Malamutes