Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hiking buddies for photo shoot in NoCal?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:15 pm 

Hey, I need a little help. I'm currently on a west coast trip trying to make it as active lifestyles stock photographer and I've hit a bit of a wall. I really need some different models other than just my wife.

I'm in Santa Rosa right now and going to the coast for a shoot with the couple we're staying with but after today, I don't have any one to shoot. I was thinking of either going to Tahoe or Yosemite this week but unless I have someone to shoot, I will have to bail and head back to the rain in Seattle :(

So if you have some time this week and don't mind someone pointing a camera at you while you hike, bike, fish or hunt (or anything else) let me know. Couples are great too!

There's no money in this for you as I'm just starting out as a photographer but I will let you have all the photos I shoot. Think of it as a personal portrait shoot that you dont have to pay for.

I'll check back here but you can email me directly at terrys@schmedia.com.!

You can see what I've been shooting in the last couple of months here: www.terryschmidbauer.photoshelter.com

Thanks and hope to hear from you!

-=t

Post subject: Re: Hiking buddies for photo shoot in NoCal?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:13 pm 

Yo Terry,

I can't go out midweek - doing some MTBing in the Peninsula, near San Mateo tomorrow ...

But I was going to say, Yosemite is pretty easy. Go to Camp 4, get up early, and walk around the camp looking around for people who look fit and are going out adventuring. I'm sure you'll find someone who would love to have you set up your Pocketwizards for bouldering or hiking. There are a lot of boulderers and sport climbers there, and also a lot of lifestyle shooting in the early morning (making camp coffee etc) and in the early evening.

Don't go to Tahoe ... not much to do outside in the transition season. Too much snow for hiking and MTBing, not enough snow for shredding. All of the action right now is in the Sierra foothills.

Same thing, if you want to shoot MTBing in Santa Rosa, just show up to the parking area for Annadel State park and talk to good looking MTB models, and ask them if you can tag along etc.

I was also going to say, best of luck. Your stuff is really good, and I wish I had those kind of skills for outdoor shooting.

And just PM me if you want more beta.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:34 pm 

If your in SR, PM powderjunkie and Puff Natie. They can go midweek and know the Sonoma coast and North Bay trails and climbing spots really well.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:30 pm 

Contrary to what Schalph said, Tahoe has plenty going on right now. I'm waiting for a snow conditions report tomorrow, might be worth it to head out Mon. or Tues. Otherwise, there is some MTB in the near future and probably some SUP, too. Hell, I'm even thinking about throwing on the wetsuit and practicing some hucks off the pier. Shoot me a PM if you head this way.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:21 am 

Wow! Great responses, I knew I could count on the sb.com crew!

Looks like the plan is to head over to Yosemite and try and make some new friends and then up to Tahoe later in the week depending on the weather of course.

Fustercluck, I'd love to shoot you hucking the pier! I'll pm you when we head that way.

Still open to anything else along the way so contact me is you want to do a shoot.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:35 am 

If you make it up to Humboldt, let me know.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:12 am 

Caught a nasty cold and hold up in Sacramento. Looks like ill be heading for home.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:25 pm 

If its a clear day on saturday and you feel up to it go down to the river in Sacramento. It wakeboard capitol of California and Im sure somebody could give you a nice shot or two of a backflip or tantrum

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:39 pm 

yum

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:59 am 

I think Sonoma is a very good place. I'm coming back to Sonoma on Thursday for another weeks time of excellent experience. I have most of the journey organized out but I've got 2 nights available for some discovery of the redwoods.
:rock:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:30 pm 

Yes! The coast in Sonoma was incredible! I had a great shoot out there.

Thanks everyone for the offers but I'm back in the PNW. I really need to plan better on the next trip. I'll be coming down for the Tahoe Splitfest so maybe I'll extend that time and get some more shoots with some of you.

But now that I'm home I'm looking for outdoor peeps in the PNW. Same deal, hiking, biking, fishing, hunting. Whatever your sport, I want to shoot it.