Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Legalize the weed and I'll say thank heavens.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:28 am 

I think there is way too much paranoia about feds/cops from other states cracking down. Its not like there arent thousands of people in this state that are currently smoking/growing. Was it really this huge secret that lots of people smoke pot in colorado? I just dont think legalizing it is going to trigger a huge federal crackdown on citizens in this state. Maybe thats wishful thinking but I know many people who grow in my small community and have done so for quite some time with no interference from police. I know even more people who smoke, they dont go around making a big public scene about it but they havent been harassed by police. You think that now that it is legal the feds are going to come harder? It just doesn't seem to make sense to me. :scratch:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:21 pm 

brg wrote:
Swedish Banana as I don't know much about drug testing but i think there are not any drug test that tell when someone is actually stoned, I thinks it just tells if THC has been in your system in the last 30 days plus or minus many factors. Obviously if you acting like a stoned fool that could be grounds for dismissal, but enjoying a smoke at night and showing up to work sober should not be penalized. I think that would be my concern.

Yea, realized I totally missed that point. Of course you should not be fired unless you are high at work (according to me. Maybe the companies won't be as accepting.)

K2 Panoramic 158
Lib Tech TRS 154 solid
BD Traverse poles
Mammut Barryvox Pulse
Oakley Airbrake

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:42 pm 

brg wrote:
Swedish Banana as I don't know much about drug testing but i think there are not any drug test that tell when someone is actually stoned, I thinks it just tells if THC has been in your system in the last 30 days plus or minus many factors. Obviously if you acting like a stoned fool that could be grounds for dismissal, but enjoying a smoke at night and showing up to work sober should not be penalized. I think that would be my concern.

In general I am very stoked about this. This sounds like great progress.

I am slightly afraid I can no longer bring any grass or paraphernalia from Colorado to Wyoming in fear of way heavier border patrolling.

Supposedly, a saliva test will only show if someone has smoked within the past 24 hours. I'm too lazy to research the specifics, though if this is legit it would be great to see a big push for this to replace the standard wiz quiz.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:06 am 

DUI rates are gonna go through the roof, but I bet the ski resorts will benefit. Going to be very interesting to watch this unfold in coming months. The City of Steamboat Springs held an emergency meeting banning the opening of any weed store within city limits. The ban expires months before any such "Outlets" are expected to be approved. Also in yesterdays paper a headline read that you can not ski or ride under the influence :shock: . Good luck enforcing that on guys. BTW our county, historically conservative approved the measure by 65%... Time are changing in the old west. :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:10 am 

look at washington and colorado as experiments. both states have legalized weed in very different fashions. washington convinced those who were worried with a very heavy tax and harsh guidelines(no growing, only purchase at state stores, arrested if you don't have weed from a state run store??). colorado has a more lax legalization law with growing rights and dui measures. There were lots of half truths thrown around by both groups which shouldn't surprise I suppose. the ugly truth, is all potheads smoke while driving. that's been the only place to feel safe while smoking. the other "lie" is that this will cut down on mexico's imported cash revenue. I don't know how many years its been since I've smoked mexican weed but I would guess most every one nowadays smokes weed grown in the us. There will be much less revenue from taxes then stated. Washington based their assessment a 2 grams per use estimate of how much taxes will be received, that is one HUGE joint if that's the case so I"m sure the money will be way less. things are going to change in ways people could never have guessed

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:51 pm 

^ nothing in the law says it has to come from a state store. The Spokane prosecuting attorney said that in the paper. It ain't true. Meanwhile King and Pierce county prosecutors just threw out over 200 misdemeanor possession cases even though the law is not retroactive. They said there was no point charging people for something that will be legal on Dec. 6th. So much win.

I love how the yes vote in Aspen, Vail and Telluride was 3-1.

FWIW I don't smoke. Has been/ will be fun watching this play out. Would be interesting to know the % of yes voters who don't smoke but got on board for the social/ fiscal justice issues.

The DUI thing. They are saying that the test administered to a suspected impaired driver will measure active THC levels, which they say is different from the THC that is stored in fat cells. Active THC lasts from 4-8 hours apparently. That part of the law should be closely watched to see if it works as intended.

Many employer drug testing policies will not change. Be careful folks. Don't lose your jobs.

Someone on TAY pointed out that national park rangers are federal police. Enforcing federal laws presumably. Be cool at MRNP and RMNP man, be cool.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:29 pm 

My major concern is the amount of bong attacks is going to go through the roof: http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2012/11 ... juana.html

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:53 am 

see that, alcohol made her ruin a perfectly good bong

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7