Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need help sizing a womens splirboard
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:02 pm 

The smaller rider, does the length of splitboard really matter, 4cm or more for a splitboard????

At 5'10" I have ridden snowboards that were 150 cm to 178 cm. Now that my wife is getting a splitboard. She @ 5'3" and 130 pounds, she rides a 150 cm / 24 cm waist all-mountain snowboard (with AT HBs and softboots)? What is the correct size split-board for her?

Aside from Venture and Prior, most other splitboard manufactures; (last year Voile and K2) only offer only down to a 154 cm splitboard. Last spring I got my wife the 154 cm length /24.5 cm waist K2 Panoramic splitboard kit.

Now, I see a killer deal on a Venture Zephyr Splitboard 150. Should I be concern about 4-6 cm increase in splitboard length (150cm to 154cm_++)?

What about a powder-specific splitboard, such as the Voile V-Tail 160 cm?

Would a smaller person be just fine without pow-specific board in bottomless pow?

What length is too much for a smaller rider or female rider?

Post subject: Re: Need help sizing a womens splirboard
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:48 pm 

I'm about the same weight, an inch taller, and I bought the 154 Panoramic (was actually thinking about the 158!). My solid board (a Capita Charlie Slasher) is also a 154 and it feels about right. Could stand it to be a little bigger on really deep days, actually, but I think it's fairly versatile as is. It's mostly pow and wind crust here, no groomers. Haven't ridden the Panoramic yet, but it's pretty soft so I can't see it being hard to handle at all except in chopped up junk. I'll probably be looking for something stiffer and probably longer next (like 156-158+), for deep crazy April days when the snowmachiners are tearing it up. For the terrain here I could see going 160+ before I'd go below 154, but your mileage may vary. I just don't see a small board being all that much fun on big mountains with deep snow.

Post subject: Re: Need help sizing a womens splirboard
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:46 pm 

Tigre, I really appreciate your reply! Thanks