Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Further
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:37 pm 

Rider38 wrote:
..... absolutely throwing some soy milk silk turn/slash that made me get up and start scraping the hibernating wax off my quiver of sticks.

Please comment/post more often. I both laughed my ass off and related 100% to the feeling conveyed in this amazing sequence of words.

For the vid; I enjoyed Further greatly as it is the type of riding I aim for. I was disappointed not to see Xavier in this vid as his style (imho) epitomizes the pinnacle of snowboard mountaineering. Stylish, Smooth, Big and FAST!!

Jones 168w
TLT5
Custom Plates by Vapor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:05 pm 

Hard to dislike the movie after meeting JJ and forrest Shearer :thatrocks: :thatrocks: :thatrocks: , They are super nice and friendly guys! (plus Forrest Shearer is pretty much my personal hero)... I don't understand though, for both Deeper and Further, Jeremey shot in the Wasatch . One time on Mt. Superior. But niether movie included the wasatch. If your like me and live in Utah you know that there is a lot of technical riding. Problably afraid they will run into barows in his TLT5's :? If the folks at TGR are listening.... I would love to see a Utah segment in the next movie. They could include guys like Neil Provo and Forrest. Maybe even show some fruit booter love....

:D :D :D :D Who knows???? :D :D :D

Burton Freebird/spark blazes/ burton ruler boots

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:29 am 

Bend showing was super-fun.

[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/52238177[/vimeo]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:48 pm 

hahahha… I am in Colorado though. I think everyone has to understand that they are making a movie, and there are probably quite a few shoots that remain on the cutting room floor. Sometimes the conditions, the riding, the lighting, and the technical side of film making just do not cooperate.
I did say hi to JJ here in Boulder.

http://protectourwinters.org/
http://14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:26 pm 

wasatchfreeride84093 wrote:
I don't understand though, for both Deeper and Further, Jeremey shot in the Wasatch . One time on Mt. Superior. But niether movie included the wasatch. If your like me and live in Utah you know that there is a lot of technical riding.

Its probably because every time they got out "Further" there were 10 people that skied the line already. :lol: They did have Utah in the outtakes last year, with Neil and Forrest. Forrest has a pretty gnarly line in it too. Personally, I'm glad they left out Utah, even though I haven't seen Further yet. My opinion is that 1st decents and long treks should be first up. And I'm sure glad there is nowhere to splitboard near I am, so Jeremy didn't come... :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:03 pm 

Totally off topic from Further,
But on the topic of well made films way out in the middle of nowhere with sick skiing ...

This is a shining example of artistic adventure film making
http://vimeo.com/33516816

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:26 pm 

You guys should have seen the hucking that went on around beckers and the echo summit area, I too am surprised not to see any of it in the film :scratch:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:18 pm 

Can't recall where, but saw an interview with Jones and he said something to the effect of he had some Sierra footage, just not enough to put a full segment together for a film. I guess he wants more than just a few lines thrown in, and maybe a more dramatic story to go with it. Sounded like he was leaving open the possibility that the culmination of several years of CA footage could make it into one of his films. Probably the same story with UT, and other places he might have shot. That's the reason he is putting out a film every two years instead of one. Most pros shoot all year for maybe a few minutes worth of usable footage, and that's using helis, sleds, chairlifts, etc. Tough to get that when you are hiking, and if the camera guy doesn't get it, not like you can just go spin another lap real quick.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:44 pm 

Late to the party as usual.

The local skate/snowboard shop brought Further to lil' ol' Flagstaff. Big props to Oncore Skate & Snow. Thanks dudes!

No way I'm gonna read nine pages of analysis, and I gotta agree with Tap, with some fixing,
Quote:
i thought the movie was great and that some of the critiques here are dumb.

I thoroughly enjoyed it for what it is. More than anything though, I'm so glad Edmonds got his shit together for a visually beautiful film. And the editing was excellent.
Can't wait to watch it a dozen times in the next two weeks.
Buying it right now.

That is all.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:07 am 

Further is sick...just watched it for the umpteenth time psyching for a Shasters splitty trip in my near future. Echoing what others have said, Deeper definitely set the bar high; Further couldn't help but the smallest, slightest letdown. I think Deeper was just that good. I remember too in the very beginning of Deeper before the first Alaska segment, Jeremy worrying about whether it was even possible to film a snowboard movie without helicopters. Plus, if you wanna see helicopters and the amazing footage they can capture, watch Art of Flight (slow mo helicopters, trick helicopters backgrounded by a crazy moon, hot helicopter on helicopter action, crazy slowmo helicopters, helicopters almost running out of fuel in Patagonia, even a helicopter almost sliding off an icy cliff in BC...that's like half the movie it seems like but I digress). I think that a lot of the stuff in Further is pretty on the edge too, especially considering how far out some of the stuff is.

I am bummed the Teton avy webisode never made it in the film...Jimmy Chin riding a monster avy and walking away uninjured would have been mindblowing to see
http://www.tetongravity.com/videos/Jackson-Shutdown-Part1-Jeremy-Jones39-Further-Unplugged-Episode3-1673898.htm

I think Xavier's film company's This is My Winter is my ideal snowboard movie just because there is more mountaineering associated with the lines. His new one is released sometime in November online for free...teaser looks schweet.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:21 am 

summersgone wrote:
BGnight wrote:
I think the sweetgrass crew could make a better movie with the same riders and same locations.
That would be a killer collaboration. I love sweetgrass, the nail the lifestyle and feel of backcountry, and I think they make some of the best movies out there, but with Solitare, there is so minimal amount of riding, just quick "teaser style" shots that piss me off. I want to see the shred more with them. Otherwise, their films kick major ass.

I haven't seen Further yet, holding out to a live premier currently. And I'm sure I'll be stoked still.

eh negative on that,we were pitched up next to the sweetgrass crew this year in AK and they were'nt getting near any of the lines JJ was on in the McConkeys zone.

Just watched Further myself and overall i'm a bit disappointed on the lack of depth to the Movie,JJ is rehashing the same stuff as the last movie,maybe because there was so much anticipation with this movie also,i'm going to go watch a few more times,it might grow on me

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:57 am 

I think some people miss the point of the movie. It has no footage of UT or CA because he's got footage of Svalbard, AK, Japan, and Austria. It's not a flowery, artistic Sweetgrass film with a bunch of closeup footage of snow flakes, because it's a documentary of the progression of the riding of JJ, and some of the best riders in the sport. It's not a mountaineering film where he's attempting to climb the biggest, most technical pitches to get on top, it's a film about what can be accomplished without helicopters and still have great filming, great riding, and great terrain.

Supposedly, the next movie will be called "Higher" and can be expected to have JJ and friends attempting to ride some of the world's highest peaks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:17 am 

+1
shredgnar wrote:
I think some people miss the point of the movie. It has no footage of UT or CA because he's got footage of Svalbard, AK, Japan, and Austria. It's not a flowery, artistic Sweetgrass film with a bunch of closeup footage of snow flakes, because it's a documentary of the progression of the riding of JJ, and some of the best riders in the sport. It's not a mountaineering film where he's attempting to climb the biggest, most technical pitches to get on top, it's a film about what can be accomplished without helicopters and still have great filming, great riding, and great terrain.

Supposedly, the next movie will be called "Higher" and can be expected to have JJ and friends attempting to ride some of the world's highest peaks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next